• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay CGC 9.8 spam

33 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-1st-Venom-1988-CGC-9-8-no-reserv_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a98b4f254QQitemZ320389575252QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

Why put in the title CGC 9.8 when you are selling a raw 8.0

Oh actually wait. I know why, cause you are hoping some sucker won't read the details and bid on it like its a CGC 9.8

Is there a way to blacklist sellers so when you do ebay searches their sales don't show up in your search? man that would be great

That is a good idea I hate seeing the same con artists listing the same stolen scans or people I know are terrible sellers and I see something cool..click the link and then go..darn..I won't ever buy from THEM..that sucks they have that for sale. Of course sometimes they don't have anything at all to sell..One guy sent me a HUGE box of trash crumpled up newspapers and a copy of an Xfiles #1 with a postit on the front that said "this $500 book" with about 10 modern image comics trashed and dirty. They were advertised as 1000 golden and silver age beauties with scans he obviously stole from someone else..$900 for a box of trash. I still hope to have enough disposable income someday to go to PA and kick his butt and several other of his body parts...at least $900 worth

I still hope to have enough disposable income someday to go to PA and kick his butt and several other of his body parts...at least $900 worth
:roflmao: I remember the day I got scammed (a lot of Judge Dredd #1). I was hoping to do MUCH worse to the B^$TERD if I ever came across him! :devil:

The seller has several auctions running, week in, week out. Really pathetic. We email eBay every day with a list of these types of auctions - I don't know if they get pulled or not. Including all those PGX spammers, etc.

This could easily be solved if you had to enter a valid CGC serial number to list a book in the fist place.

There was a CGC keyword spammer on eBay UK. I complained to eBay about hin time and again. Eventually his listings were pulled, or at least he was warned not to carry on doing it as they have disappeared from CGC searches.

The seller has several auctions running, week in, week out. Really pathetic. We email eBay every day with a list of these types of auctions - I don't know if they get pulled or not. Including all those PGX spammers, etc.

This could easily be solved if you had to enter a valid CGC serial number to list a book in the fist place.

I like that, valid serial # would be awesome

I must confess though I have a PGX book that also says CGC in the title :sorry:

says PGX 5.0 sim. to CGC (sim. as in similar)

I'm new to the slab game and this is my last PGX book to get rid of :acclaim:

serial #s would be perfect for weeding out people stealing scans of CGC books and listing them as their own. I know there probably aren't many people here that are fans of court TV shows but I saw a Judge Judy once where the buyer thought he was getting a CGC Hulk #181 in a certain grade. Instead he got an unslabbed copy. The guy argued he did have a slabbed nice #181 and was just using the picture as an example of the book because he didn't have pictures of the copy for some lame reason. The judge not only ordered him to repay the buyers every dime. Then she let the buyer keep the low grade #181 too. She really gave the seller what-for for scamming on Ebay.

serial #s would be perfect for weeding out people stealing scans of CGC books and listing them as their own. I know there probably aren't many people here that are fans of court TV shows but I saw a Judge Judy once where the buyer thought he was getting a CGC Hulk #181 in a certain grade. Instead he got an unslabbed copy. The guy argued he did have a slabbed nice #181 and was just using the picture as an example of the book because he didn't have pictures of the copy for some lame reason. The judge not only ordered him to repay the buyers every dime. Then she let the buyer keep the low grade #181 too. She really gave the seller what-for for scamming on Ebay.

Judge Judy lol maybe shes a collector

I reported that Hulk auction.

I've reported about 5 of the books just to see if eBay wakes up today.

I cannot believe how scummy this fella is in listing books as CGC 9.8 - 10.0, but then in the description states "This is not a CGC 9.8 book, but rather an 8.0 grade."

What a treat!

I cannot believe how scummy this fella is in listing books as CGC 9.8 - 10.0, but then in the description states "This is not a CGC 9.8 book, but rather an 8.0 grade."

What a treat!

eBay woke up and took down the auction. :applause:

What a treat!

This is not a ten dollar bill like I promised, it is only a penny. :roflmao:

What a treat!

BOARD POWER!

muscleman.jpg

What a treat!

BOARD POWER!

muscleman.jpg

Um, guys, she/he/they have a ton of other auctions with the same cgc 9.8 in the title and well it's about a 8.0 in the description. :screwy:

Um, guys, she/he/they have a ton of other auctions with the same cgc 9.8 in the title and well it's about a 8.0 in the description. :screwy:

I've got a slow day going on here. I just reported about 20 of them.

Gotta love his guarantee!

IF YOU DISAGREE WITH MY GRADING, THEN SEND IT BACK FOR A FULL REFUND, ALL SHIPPING CHARGES BOTH WAYS, PLUS THE COST OF THE COMIC WILL BE SENT BACK TO YOU, THEN I WILL MAIL YOU A FREE COMIC BOOK, SO YOU WILL HAVE A FREE COMIC BOOK PLUS YOUR MONEY BACK, IF YOU SEND IT TO CDC AND THEY GRADE IT LESS THAN I DID, SEND IT BACK AND I WILL REFUND(WHAT I SAID ABOVE) PLUS, PAY THE TOTAL COST OF WHAT YOU SPENT ON CGCing IT. I STAND BEHIND MY GRADING SKILLS.

I know its a typo but I giggled at him suggesting we send the comic to the CDC. Do his comics have the swine flu?