• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic Convention 2009

653 posts in this topic

Could anyone fill me in on the price that the average artist charges for a sketch? Say I get a sketch done on one of those blank cover books...can I ask for any character? Do they all charge? Just wondering, cause I need get an idea of how many books to bring with me in the fall for the show. Thanks as always!

I've gotten most of my sketchbook sketches for free. A few of the sketches that I bought off of artists was $30 or $40. Obviously the big guys cost more. I think Tim Sale is $100 or $125, Luna Bros were $100 & $80, don't really know about others. I haven't really gotten into the sketches and OA too much.

My CAF page in my sig should have the sketches I've gotten. Most are sketchbook sketches but they are fun.

Sweet, thanks for the info. That's awesome that alot of artists to sketches for free...I figured on bringing some extra cash for sketches, and I'm probably gonna bring 10 of those blank cover books...

DANG that's a great artist list!! I may have to get my first SS books signed here! I'm planning on going!!

Bernie Wrightson... :cloud9:

Erik Larsen...I'm bringing my Megaton #3's baby!

The Hilton downtown is amazing, and has an enclosed skywalk that goes right into the convention center.

Otherwise you can find cheaper hotels in the county, some of which are right near a light rail station.

will be setting up this year, dont have a booth number yet.

hm You should stop by Casa Donut on the way up (or down) and fill up your booth. Right on the way from NC.

Holy mess...I just put two and two together and realized that I will be back in Virginia in time for the Baltimore show. I just went to Emerald City here in April and was already lamenting leaving it behind. This just made my day!

I doubt i will miss this show ever again. I highly recommend the marriot, between the awesome bar, the incredible food and being right across from the con center i didnt even need to leave. I went to the ESPNzone too (with some local friends not boardies) and even with the cute chicks it just cant make up for the god awful food, well maybe if i woulda had a recliner :whatev: Im really lookin forward to hangin with Tucci again, dude is wild and i hope AJ is with him too lol . I will probably be rollin solo so i hope to do a lot more hangin out than usual :headbang:

For food, I urge everyone to check out Lexington Market or Cross Street Market. Cross Street is within walking distance, and in October it should be a beautiful stroll down a really awesome neighborhood. That's not sarcasm either. Federal Hill is awesome.

Does CGC offer on-site grading and/or signature series submissions at this con?

It's about an hour drive for me, so I'm there if they do. Wow, what a guest list.

- Gotta get a Kirkman sig on my Walking Dead #1 and Invincible #1.

- Gotta do the double sig with Len Wein & Herb Trimpe on my Hulk 181

- Any other Evan Dorkin fans out there? Bringing my old Milk & Cheese comics!!

- Claremont, Jusko, Lunas, Moore, Oeming, Ottley, Perez, Silvestri, Starlin, Wagner and Waid... WOW what a list to choose from. I'll probably spend all my $$ on getting my own books SS.