• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest Batman Golden Age Collection ever sold by a zero feedback guy

18 posts in this topic

Whenever I see anyone selling comics with an asking price over $1000 and they have zero feedback I just automatically assume its fraud.

But hey, maybe its legit.

If so, then one giant lot is a crazy way to sell a collection on that kind of value.

He's got photos and gives his email address. This could be legit.

lfk40.jpg

lol

I'm so conditioned, I'm sitting there clicking the side pictures and wondering why the main picture isn't changing....

Oh man.

lol

Whenever I see strained English (words like "containted" :insane:) coupled with direct email contact (outside the eBay system) I automatically conclude... "phishing"

But, I'm paranoid like that. :blush:

dekeuk,

Are you in Illinois? If anyone here is seriously considering bidding, I could always drop by if he lets me and take a look at this collection. I'm about 25 mins from Aurora.

No, I'm not anywhere close to him, I just want to see his reaction.

If he is legit he will allow viewings in person

It's a nice touch showing the price stickers, suggesting these were bought quite some time ago. For the early issues, I'd be concerned about the rusty staples that are evident on the books. Even if legit, I doubt these issues would grade out as 6.0 (by conventional grading standards).

lfk40.jpg

lol

I'm so conditioned, I'm sitting there clicking the side pictures and wondering why the main picture isn't changing....

Oh man.

lol

Getting senile?

:baiting:

-slym

I bet if you ask for a close-up or anything you'll get it. But I don't think the pictures he has are showing fine books but with a lot like that you only need a key or two in the right grade to hit a home run.

...might very well be a fishing expedition,...I bet he's received at least half a dozen responses from major dealers,...If I died today my collection would go to distant nieces that wouldn't have a clue as to how to sell them,....I don't even think they know I collect comics,....the one thing that makes me weary though is that the collection goes all the way up to the present day....that just doesn't sound right to me,...If it was just a golden age collection or even a silver/bronze that would make more sense...