• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Reborn *Spoilers*

77 posts in this topic

I have to wait to find an issue before reading it. My local store in Sacramento, CA ; A-1 Comics sold out of it. I think they ordered 1 copy. Kill me. I am not willing to pay a lot of $$ for a reading copy.

sokay - not really digging the Osborne Dark Avengers angle though - and the back cover - worst anatomy since Liefeld.

I liked Brubaker's Cap more when it was a spy thriller storyline - now it's just more bloated Marvel x-over sci-fi superhero poop - but Brubaker has earned enough respect for me to stick with it.

Just picked up my copies for this issue including all the variants. My copy of the special 70th Anniversary variant had a defect on the lower right hand corner. It's not damage on the book, but there's definately wrong with it. Anyone else notice the same thing on their copy? I know stores only got 1 copy if any, so I'm hoping someone knows if this is a widespread defect or not

sokay - not really digging the Osborne Dark Avengers angle though - and the back cover - worst anatomy since Liefeld.

I liked Brubaker's Cap more when it was a spy thriller storyline - now it's just more bloated Marvel x-over sci-fi superhero poop - but Brubaker has earned enough respect for me to stick with it.

I'm actually really like the time travel theme. What would really be awesome is if Steve was able to do something to change the past. He's obviously able to control some of his actions since he brings up time travel to the Dr. Of course that would mean that there would be repercussions throughout all the Marvel Universe and that's not about to happen.

Oh and the whole Osborne plotline sucks.

I'm actually really like the time travel theme. What would really be awesome is if Steve was able to do something to change the past. He's obviously able to control some of his actions since he brings up time travel to the Dr. Of course that would mean that there would be repercussions throughout all the Marvel Universe and that's not about to happen.

Oh and the whole Osborne plotline sucks.

That sounds Like the equivalent(SP?) of the Superboy Prime wall punch

The DF Variant for #1 is certainly not as rare, but will is definately hard to find in high grade. And of course, for grading, it needs to be an unsigned copy as well!

I ordered one that is in pretty nice shape and I'll be submitting that when I submit all my other Reborn books down the road.

The #2 Frame Variant is supposed to be a 1-per-store variant. The stores that received the 1 copy were stores that had the Marvels Project Release party, so not all stores got 1 copy. And I've personally seen several copies of the variant with production defects.

Had to post this somewhere in the Modern Room. So happy this came in today -

captainamericareborn2cgc9870thanniv.jpg

oneasian, that is a SWEET copy of that book. Color me definately jealous (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Thanks man. I've even looked at a couple raw copies and they all had production defects. I'm pretty sure it'll be extremely tough to find in high grade.

Nice book, just dont really care for the weird boots he's wearing.

That's Joe Quesada for ya (he drew Cap, Jim Cheung did the Frame of the cover... they need to get Joe Q's name on the label!)

Marvel's December '09

CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHO WILL WIELD THE SHIELD?

Written by ED BRUBAKER

Pencils & Cover by BUTCH GUICE

Steve Rogers has returned, but Bucky Barnes is the current Captain America, and has come into his own in the role. Will there be two Captain Americas? Will Bucky go back to being the Winter Soldier? What will happen? Decisions, decisions, decisions....

3941745655_19cc565170.jpg

The DF Variant for #1 is certainly not as rare, but will is definately hard to find in high grade. And of course, for grading, it needs to be an unsigned copy as well!

I ordered one that is in pretty nice shape and I'll be submitting that when I submit all my other Reborn books down the road.

The #2 Frame Variant is supposed to be a 1-per-store variant. The stores that received the 1 copy were stores that had the Marvels Project Release party, so not all stores got 1 copy. And I've personally seen several copies of the variant with production defects.

The only thing I don't trust is that while there probably should only be 500-700 copies [whatever the number is] based on the criteria you noted above, I'm betting there are twice as many printed and one day someone will bring out a box of these because his dad worked as a printer when these were made. Not that I'm starting to collect modern variants as a focus, just doing it in passing as I love the characters.