• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Reborn *Spoilers*

77 posts in this topic

Don't forget the 1950's Cap is still running around out there. I'm sure Brubaker has plans for that storyline as well.

??? How is he still running around?

He was frozen in time!

Read cap 600

Thanks (thumbs u

I am trying the impossible it seems to follow all this by reading only reborn :frustrated:

Don't forget the 1950's Cap is still running around out there. I'm sure Brubaker has plans for that storyline as well.

He was frozen in time!

Read cap 600

This is all too confusing, just like the Avengers/Invaders mini (which I liked). Hope it picks up some steam soon.

He was frozen in time!

Read cap 600

In Cap #600 he's driving around in a yellow pick-up truck in the present time lamenting that the country is less civilized than it used to be. It's the real Steve Rogers that is trapped in time.

You guys crack me up....well, actually I crack me up sometimes too.

Sitting here and seeing you guys talk about this stuff so serious, is funny. Sometimes when I get talking to other people about storylines, I actually take a second and think about how silly it all sounds, always makes me laugh at myself.

We sound like a bunch of houswives talking about afternoon soap operas...lol.

Comics rock!!!

:cloud9: Hiyo!

So, Oneasian!

Are you implying that you are looking forward to a possible brood/depress Steve Rodgers trying to find his place back in the world that ruled him out as dead. To even go so far as with Bucky (who was trying to follow the lessons or at least trying to keep the memories of Steve Rogers as Captain America and all he stood and stand for in his own way, but staying true) should hand back the shield and we (... or people who read Marvel) deal with issues of him trying to find a new identity or since that Steve is back he (Bucky) should (going forward) returned to his old ways (though maybe a little different), seeing how things are back to normal.

IMO: It possible that this series is going to be so unpleasantly uncomfortable reading (going forward) for the main reason that...

People (... or Marvel readers) followed the series after Steve Rogers (supposed) death into Bucky (Barnes, right?) later to taking up the Captain America role as a final wish from Steve (Do not hold me to this!), but who do we root for now (when we accepted the death of Steve to return at a later time... much later) going forward in the Captain America series?

Especially with the Dark Avengers going on (... unless Bucky going to become a Dark America, get it lol )?

Seems a little too rushed and not thoughtfully looked out for the betterment of these characters (Bucky, mainly) in the long road going forward. Its like (... for example) original writer for the ideal of Bucky going forward as Captain America after his father-figure idol died, died. Then when Marvel went to check the writer's workplace and home... there was no sign of any notes or story-arc ideals to know what direction the writer was going with the series after they already killed Steve in the series.

I dont think it's necessarily too rushed or anything. It has been over 2 years worth of issues since Cap has died. Even Superman wasn't even dead a whole year before they brought him back.

Even in reading the original interviews, Ed Brubaker originally intended Steve to come back within 6 months of his death, but the Editors and Powers that be at Marvel encouraged Brubaker to let his stories tell themselves and not to rush anything.

I think by the end of Reborn, Steve Rogers will have been returned to the Marvel U. proper but I dont think he'll be ready to take back the mantle of Cap. He has some catching up to do in any case - Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, The List. The angle of a "Man out of time" could be played for a little bit seeing as how he's been forced to relive so many moments in his life, for who knows how long. Plus there's still alot of unresolved issues between himself and Bucky.

How great would it be to have Cap and Bucky in the same book for a little while?!

And yes, we can't forget about the 1950's Cap, or the Crazy Cap as he has been referred to in various places and interviews. He'll probably get some more time to shine in the regular series as well. Rogers vs Rogers again!

I got these babies in today. My first 9.9's

CaptainAmericaReborn1HitchCoverCGC9.jpg

CaptainAmericaReborn1CassadayCoverC.jpg

wow! nice 9.9's oneasian... I was wondering if you were still collecting the Cap stuff.

I have LOVED the Brubaker run on this book; whether it was planned or not, however, I'm still disappointed that Steve isn't DEAD. They have done such a great job handling the whole Bucky thing and making him Cap... I just have zero desire to see Steve back.

One of the things about Cap was that he always had the loss of Bucky in the back of his mind...

Now we have a new Cap who always has the loss of Steve in his mind...

To remove that piece from both characters seems to be a mistake. And I really really hope that something doesn't happen where Bucky dies again and then Steve's back. It would definitely rob this otherwise amazing run of much of its gravitas.

Come to think of it... I haven't looked forward to Captain America since #600, and it used to be one of my top reads.

damn.

Bru's not off the book after Reborn, is he?

Brubaker has stated that there's still alot more story to explore after Reborn concludes and that he hopes to stay on the book for a long time, but not too long as to wear out his welcome.

I would eventually expect Steve Epting to eventually rejoin Brubaker on Cap down the road as well.

He did a great interview with Newsarama.com that was poste earlier this weekd. You'd enjoy reading it

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091103-brubaler-cap.html

thanks for the link... that was a pretty good read...

I feel a little more comfortable with the whole thing now... and I think I'm also realizing that what's really annoyed me about all of this is that they felt the need to pull it out of the ongoing Cap series. I guess it would help sales, but it sure annoys the hell out of me.

That and the Theater of War stuff... I don't know why I keep buying them... It was cool to see Chaykin on Cap, but those things are way too expensive and just... blah. Especially the last one I read, "Ghosts of My Country" or whatever? Lame.

EDIT: yep, six issues now:

The story so big we needed another issue to finish it! The return of Captain America! The fight for the body and soul and mind of Steve Rogers! Avengers versus the Red Skull and his cronies! The biggest finale of the year is finally here! Brought to you by Ed Brubaker, Bryan Hitch and Butch Guice! Rated T …$3.99

He did a great interview with Newsarama.com that was poste earlier this weekd. You'd enjoy reading it

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091103-brubaler-cap.html

thanks for the link... that was a pretty good read...

I feel a little more comfortable with the whole thing now... and I think I'm also realizing that what's really annoyed me about all of this is that they felt the need to pull it out of the ongoing Cap series. I guess it would help sales, but it sure annoys the hell out of me.

That and the Theater of War stuff... I don't know why I keep buying them... It was cool to see Chaykin on Cap, but those things are way too expensive and just... blah. Especially the last one I read, "Ghosts of My Country" or whatever? Lame.

EDIT: yep, six issues now:

The story so big we needed another issue to finish it! The return of Captain America! The fight for the body and soul and mind of Steve Rogers! Avengers versus the Red Skull and his cronies! The biggest finale of the year is finally here! Brought to you by Ed Brubaker, Bryan Hitch and Butch Guice! Rated T …$3.99

I totally agree. I too felt that Reborn should have been contained within the regular Captain America ongoing series, but what can we do about that now? I also agree with the Theatre of War. The first couple issues were pretty good, but Ghosts of my Country was hard to get through. A waste of $5....

And I'm also not surprised about Reborn having a 6th issue. Almost every one of Brubaker's arcs in Captain America was six issues (read ALMOST because I know some were shorter than others), and with everything Brubaker said about how Hitch had the freedom to extend certain scenes and what not, he's probably just drawing so much and making it look so spectacular that they needed another issue to fit everything in