• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay user fantasticzone?

22 posts in this topic

Anyone bought from fantasticzone before?

Is he or she a board member?

Does he or she misspell words on purpose? I hope so, some of this mess is just ridiculous.

Thanks

Thanks Boss.

Looks as though he was just typing fast and spelling words how they sound. (shrug) klonwage tho? c'mon fz! lol

"No writing appear throughout copy. This is a desirable copy that been handled with care.With moderate or little cover wear no creases and /or dimples. Solid spine & centerfold staples are attached and brilliant color , complete with no missing pieces, pages or adds. This collection comes from a private collector who bought only the highest grades possible at the time. Read only once or just put away at time of perches. This DC Comic Book collection is all high grade book, an a value contribution to any collectors collection.

This comic has been graded using CGC standards of grading in a attempt to duplicates the grade the might be giving when submitted. Using my 25 years of experience and klonwage. CGC is a higher standard then the standerd overstreet. I take my grading seriously and if you are not satisfied I will refound 100% of your money . ( incluing shipping U.S.A resadents only ) guaranteed."

using the power of search I'll add to this 2+ year old thread (is that the way to do this?)

just bought 2 books from fantasticzone and couldnt be more disappointed, and my expectations were pretty low to start...

purchased 2 books from them:

Unexpected #178 NM DC Horror Comics 1977

and

Green Lantern #100 VF AirWave/Blk Canary/Green Arrow

Now I dont trust anyones grading, but there were decent scans with the listing that didnt look stock/file scans or lifted from elsewhere so I thought they books looked pretty close to the condition...

Got the books yesterday. They were packed in a cardboard mailer box similar to what many of us here use, so no complaints about the packing.

Opened up and while I had hoped to get this:

kd24M.jpg

amz03.jpg

I instead got this:

zFlv3.jpg

h3Kdz.jpg

Dirty, Stained, with a tear at the top corner, and a major miswrap (compared to the scan)

I wont even bother with the front Unexpected scans, but here are the backs:

ebay listing:

lP2DB.jpg

actual book:

MNYd9.jpg

more dirt, more stains, more general wear, and a decent crease in the cover too...

Wish I could block a seller from showing up in my searchs (if I can block a bidder, why cant I block a seller?!?!). All his books (based on this experience) are not as represented and the actual books he sends are multiple grades lower and are dirty as heck.

on the upside, he does have a 100% satisfaction return policy, so I'm getting to return them no problem, but I get super annoyed wasting my time with these type of sellers. This guy has almost 10k feedback with 99.9% positive and almost 9000 comics listed in his ebay store, all with the same maroon cloth background.

I've emailed to see if maybe he just sent the wrong condition comic from his inventory, we'll see.

My experience is he over-grades and staining/age-toning seem to be a common defect on his books.

Personally, I would only buy from him again to get reader copies. 2c

which I'd be fine with (and is what I assume).

• I expect ebay sellers to call a book that looks VG in the photo/scan to be VF or NM, I can tell the difference by looking at the picture.
  • I expect ebay sellers that dont include photos/scans to overgrade, and I just avoid them cause who knows what they will send.
  • What I dont expect is for a seller to show a personal scan/photo of a book, then send me a different one all together! Especially for a seller with thousands of listings & transactions...

leaves me scratching my head.

and apparently his english has not improved:

I asked if he simply sent the wrong copy and had the higher grade one still in stock to replace it:

Green Lantern 100 is a multiple listing book there for that book would have been sold several time in the pass. As for the Unexpected you was sent the wrong copy of the book. We do have green Lantern in VF/NM higher grade in stock. If you wish you can send the two books back for a up grade. Reimbursement on the return shipping would be limited to first class mail and a maximum of 4.99.

Wish I could block a seller from showing up in my searchs (if I can block a bidder, why cant I block a seller?!?!). All his books (based on this experience) are not as represented and the actual books he sends are multiple grades lower and are dirty as heck.

on the upside, he does have a 100% satisfaction return policy, so I'm getting to return them no problem, but I get super annoyed wasting my time with these type of sellers. This guy has almost 10k feedback with 99.9% positive and almost 9000 comics listed in his ebay store, all with the same maroon cloth background.

I've emailed to see if maybe he just sent the wrong condition comic from his inventory, we'll see.

You can exclude sellers by going under Advance next to the Search button. There is a Seller section, click on Only show items from and then in the drop down select EXCLUDE. Type in the seller's name. Click on the Search, now save the search and going forward just go to Saved Searches and use that link.

• I expect ebay sellers to call a book that looks VG in the photo/scan to be VF or NM, I can tell the difference by looking at the picture.
  • I expect ebay sellers that dont include photos/scans to overgrade, and I just avoid them cause who knows what they will send.
  • What I dont expect is for a seller to show a personal scan/photo of a book, then send me a different one all together! Especially for a seller with thousands of listings & transactions...

leaves me scratching my head.

How unprofessional, but hopefully it was an error?

I had some books I bookmarked from him, now you are making me very dubious about making a purchase…

so to circle back to complete this thread I am happy to report that ebay seller fantasticzone has shipped me the correct books and they are in hand.

They are the books that were pictured in the listing, and are in the right ball park gradewise (I dont think the ink transfer/dirtiness on the back cover of the Unexpected 178 will let it live up to it's NM listing, but its close enough for ebay standards!)

Unfortunate that I had to spend the time return shipping the wrong books back to the seller, but s/he did reimbuse me the cost, so I'm just out some time.

I would guardedly say continue to buy from this guy, but double check that what you get is what is pictured in his listing. As a seller he should be checking that he's sending the right book... but dont let his/her lack of attention to detail result in you not getting what you paid for.

I left "positive", but not 5 Star feedback for the seller since he did send the right books at the end of the day, and they were the ones pictured. I dinged him for Description accuracy & shipping time (since it took two tries to get the right books). I also noted in the feedback that the wrong condition books were sent but the seller fixed the mistake in the end.

I made the mistake of purchasing BIN items from this seller a few months back. Purchased 3 items one day, and then added to the sale the next day. I sent several messages to him requesting that shipping be combined, but they were all ignored. Instead, I got an excessive number of reminders for payment. If combining shipping was a problem, I didn't receive any communication telling me why. I just paid for the first lot and made it clear I wasn't paying for the second (which was just a small add-on anyway). Still, there was no communication with the exception of an invitation to eBay court via the dispute module. Oh well. Fantasticzone was less than fantastic. Now, I won't buy from any seller from Queens, NY in case he's attached to another ID and I inadvertently put $$$ into his pocket. Sorry all you Queens.

It's always best to buy from someone you know or has a good reputation.

This is good to know as I just received a book and it seems he sent a lower graded book from a different auction. Just emailed him about it. When I first started purchasing from fantasticzone, it was one great transaction after another. The last few have been a little "off" for lack of a better word. Not sure if someone else is pulling books or what.

so to circle back to complete this thread I am happy to report that ebay seller fantasticzone has shipped me the correct books and they are in hand.

They are the books that were pictured in the listing, and are in the right ball park gradewise (I dont think the ink transfer/dirtiness on the back cover of the Unexpected 178 will let it live up to it's NM listing, but its close enough for ebay standards!)

Unfortunate that I had to spend the time return shipping the wrong books back to the seller, but s/he did reimbuse me the cost, so I'm just out some time.

I would guardedly say continue to buy from this guy, but double check that what you get is what is pictured in his listing. As a seller he should be checking that he's sending the right book... but dont let his/her lack of attention to detail result in you not getting what you paid for.

I left "positive", but not 5 Star feedback for the seller since he did send the right books at the end of the day, and they were the ones pictured. I dinged him for Description accuracy & shipping time (since it took two tries to get the right books). I also noted in the feedback that the wrong condition books were sent but the seller fixed the mistake in the end.