• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the ugliest book you've ever seen?

117 posts in this topic

web.jpg

Not a ToS 39 as much as a PoS 39. Both covers completely detached, paper so brittle it rains little shreds whenever touched.

I "won" this on Ebay for $1,600. Took a while but I got my money back.

Arrived in bunched up saran wrap inside a manilla envelope.

Funny, the image on Ebay looked a lot nicer...

Original description:

YOU ARE BIDDING ON TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 IN VF CONDITION. THIS IS

THE ORIGINAL AND NOT A REPRINT. THE PAGES ARE CREAM TO OFF WHITE.

FLAWS ARE SPINE WEAR, LIGHT RUBBING ON THE TOP LEFT FRONT COVER.

SMALL CHIP OUT BOTTOM RIGHT COVER. TINY TEAR ON TOP FRONT COVER AND

TINY TEAR ON RIGHT SIDE FRONT COVER.

:o Glad you got refunded for that trash. Who was the seller? Saran wrap?

Her name is Susan Lawson, her Ebay handle was Crazy Comics. She's since disappeared (under that name at least). I knew she was low feedback but I took a gamble anyway, wishful thinking got the better of me. Yeah I'm a dumb-azz sometimes, I admit it. Most times probably.

:o Glad you got refunded for that trash. Who was the seller? Saran wrap?

Her name is Susan Lawson, her Ebay handle was Crazy Comics. She's since disappeared (under that name at least). I knew she was low feedback but I took a gamble anyway, wishful thinking got the better of me. Yeah I'm a dumb-azz sometimes, I admit it. Most times probably.

Wow, I would have gone ballistic if that POS arrived at my place. Glad you got your money back... that's the most misleading description I've seen in... a long, long time.

I've seen worse... take a book like that and add mold and mildew :) and to me that's the worst possible... when you need a hazmat suit just to open it

Didn't someone try to sell a long box full of those?

Zing.

-slym