• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

Pressed Amazing Spiderman update:

The books recently purchased from me that have been pressed, cracked, upgraded, and listed on the Link remain unsold. As a heads-up for everyone, the ASM 72 has been listed on Pedigree. This 9.4 book has an asking price of $650, and was purchased from me as a 9.2 for $200 (ironically, by a time payment to the Blazing One, so I have yet to be paid for the book). It was part of the same CGC resubmission as upgraded versions of my ASM 21, 46, 68, 86, and Annual 3, as well as an ASM 5 that did not get a grade bump.

The buyer/presser/resubmitter in question is a frequent customer of Bob's, and is paying for the books by a time plan. Final payment is not until mid November, by which time I suspect said resubmitter hopes to have sold one or two of the upgraded books to help pay for the original purchase.

Some racket, eh?

happens all the time between good customers and their fave dealers. After many successful transactions over many years, is a dealer supposed to stop trusting a repeat customer?? this isnt an issue, just ironic, and a pretty sweet deal, to not lay out the cash while creating money out of the books at the same time. I think Bob deserves a cut of the proceeds. Unless, that makes him a party to the deed. ummm maybe not such a good idea..

If I were to consign books to a dealer,I would expect to be paid when dealer gives the books to the buyer.Not when the buyer pays the dealer on some extended payment period.I've never heard of this sort of arraingement.Until I'm paid in full for the books,they are mine to take back.If these were my books,I'd demand their return.

Unless,of course,this was explained to the consignee when he gave theconsigner the books. But I don't see any mention on his website of this type of thing.

If I were to consign books to a dealer,I would expect to be paid when dealer gives the books to the buyer.Not when the buyer pays the dealer on some extended payment period.I've never heard of this sort of arraingement.Until I'm paid in full for the books,they are mine to take back.If these were my books,I'd demand their return.

Unless,of course,this was explained to the consignee when he gave theconsigner the books. But I don't see any mention on his website of this type of thing.

I agree, and that was my first thought too. If someone buys my books off Heritage and pays Heritage through the 6-month extended payment plan, Heritage still needs to pay me in full straight away. The customer is Heritage's credit risk, not mine.

Perhaps Bob Storms got Bob Siman's consent to this arrangement, though.

has it bee determined that Namisgrs waiting for Storms to pay him? Or did Storms pay on time and is on the hook for HIS money. I guess as a consignment deal, all the bons are waiting for the other guy to start paying off. Still, whattrya gonna do, right?

Bob has not yet been paid in full for the books, and until he is I will not be paid for them. Bob was careful to inform me of his occasional reliance on time payments from well-established customers, so it did not come as a surprise and I am OK with the time payment aspect. The surprise is seeing a bunch of the books for sale on other web sites in fresh holders with higher grades, and it is more than a little ironic that should a couple of them sell quickly, the proceeds will help the resubmitter make his time payments.

Bob has not yet been paid in full for the books, and until he is I will not be paid for them. Bob was careful to inform me of his occasional reliance on time payments from well-established customers, so it did not come as a surprise and I am OK with the time payment aspect. The surprise is seeing a bunch of the books for sale on other web sites in fresh holders with higher grades, and it is more than a little ironic that should a couple of them sell quickly, the proceeds will help the resubmitter make his time payments.

And the wheels on the bus gp round and round...................

Wait a minute.......... Bob has the books on consignment.

1)Am I correct that Bob led you to believe, and your understanding was, that the books would be sold on time and you wouldn't receive any proceeds until Bob was paid in full?

2)You understood the books would be shipped before payment is made?

3)You agreed to this arrangement?

4)How much time passed from the time you sent Bob the books until they appeared on aniother website?

My thought is that I would be afraid to do business with all parties involved in this transaction. I am frankly concerned about individuals who have upgraded slabs but need to sell the books before payment could be made.

Pressed Amazing Spiderman update:

The books recently purchased from me that have been pressed, cracked, upgraded, and listed on the Link remain unsold. As a heads-up for everyone, the ASM 72 has been listed on Pedigree. This 9.4 book has an asking price of $650, and was purchased from me as a 9.2 for $200 (ironically, by a time payment to the Blazing One, so I have yet to be paid for the book). It was part of the same CGC resubmission as upgraded versions of my ASM 21, 46, 68, 86, and Annual 3, as well as an ASM 5 that did not get a grade bump.

That's just plain brazen. What a pair.

Thats a very unusal arraingement,but if you are okay with it, thats it.