• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

Thanks for answering...here's another and last question...

Do you have a problem with someone manipulating some of your consignee's books and trying to flip them before you've received payment in full?

I ask because you seem mad at those asking questions about this situation but haven't said anything about your annoyance at the person actually putting you in this position...

Jim

That's the bottom line. Bob Siman agreed to the conditions of the sale. End of that story.

The story about the scheme launched by the new owner of the books is an entirely different matter for discussion. Neither really don't have much to do with Bob Storms at all, as I see it.

I would love to know who the new owner is, or should I say Captain Flip.

Won't answer your statement?

I'm so pissed off reading this *spoon* from you guys I'm beginning to wonder why I even stay on these boards. None of you ever give a good customers books before he's paid in full? I've known this customer over 10 years. He made a deposit and if he defaults I will pay Bob out of my own pocket. And quite frankly having "how I run my business" discussed on the boards is a bit uncalled for. In almost all cases of timepayments I have the books until they are paid for. In this case I "trust" the buyer will pay when he states. If the books weren't pressed this wouldn't even be discussed.

As for declaring this on my website what would you like stated.

Consignment books could be up for sale on another site in higher grades before you are paid for your books.

I agree with Bob on this one. Very common practice to send a good customer with a proven track record books before paying for them. Once they leave the dealers hands, consider them the new buyers books to do with as they please. I have known people to do this and have them directly shipped to be restored even though they hadn't paid for them. Sounds like Bob was 100% upfront on everything. I also agree it was a pretty sweet deal for the buyer assuming he can sell the new and improved versions, but Bob was the dream dealer in this case. Explained the situation to the Consigner, got his approval and then went forward with the deal. Everyone should know I am the biggest complainer about dishonset dealers, but Bob really is one of the best guys in the business and I think this transaction clearly shows that again.

No, I do not have a problem with it. It's their book as far as I'm concerned and they can do whatever they want with it. He could have gotten no upgrades for his efforts, he would still owe me the amount on the invoice. Bob would still get paid and life would go on.

And why would I be angry that the books were pressed? He didn't list them on my site so I'm not the one with the disclosure problem, Comiclink and the consignor are.

Pardon my ignorance here but are people hinting that Bobs consigned books with you were bought, cracked out, whatever, re-subbed and now listed on Comiclink?

No, I do not have a problem with it. It's their book as far as I'm concerned and they can do whatever they want with it. He could have gotten no upgrades for his efforts, he would still owe me the amount on the invoice. Bob would still get paid and life would go on.

And why would I be angry that the books were pressed? He didn't list them on my site so I'm not the one with the disclosure problem, Comiclink and the consignor are.

See, if Bob were Heritage, he would have bought the books himself and pressed them. And turned a tidy profit.

Bob, you gotta' get that business plan up to date! Come on, it's 2006! 893naughty-thumb.gif

boy, wouldn't that be something if the guy selling the cracked, pressed and resubbed books took time payments, too?

and then the new buyer tried to flip them to someone else via time payments?

namisgr might get his money in 2008 at that rate

I'm so pissed off reading this *spoon* from you guys I'm beginning to wonder why I even stay on these boards. None of you ever give a good customers books before he's paid in full? I've known this customer over 10 years. He made a deposit and if he defaults I will pay Bob out of my own pocket. And quite frankly having "how I run my business" discussed on the boards is a bit uncalled for. In almost all cases of timepayments I have the books until they are paid for. In this case I "trust" the buyer will pay when he states. If the books weren't pressed this wouldn't even be discussed.

Any succesful business treats their best customers best Bob, you have nothing to explain here. thumbsup2.gif

Agreed.

I could see you not being happy with the fact that the sole purpose of buying books was simply to press them. Maybe not, I suppose they are free to do what they want -- but it seems like they are paying on time with the prospects of deriving the means to pay by selling the books as upgraded. I dunno, that part seems a bit dicey. Just the speed at which it was done plus the uniform success in getting upgrades strikes me as odd -- considering the fact that others I know who are not "the big boys" have had books pressed with surprisingly less success in their upgrades.

I don't have a problem with pressing in and of itself. I would have a problem if there was favoritism within the system. And that doesn't mean Storms giving favoritism, but favortism with the grades handed out later.

boy, wouldn't that be something if the guy selling the cracked, pressed and resubbed books took time payments, too?

Here's a better one. What if namisgr consigned his 9.2s because he wanted higher grade copies, and unknowingly ended up buying back his own books on Comiclink as 9.4s, before he'd received payment for his 9.2s!

Here's a better one. What if namisgr consigned his 9.2s because he wanted higher grade copies, and unknowingly ended up buying back his own books on Comiclink as 9.4s, before he'd received payment for his 9.2s!

It all depends on whether or not he's making time payments, and can only pay for these books once funds are received from Bob. This is like a temporal paradox or something. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I could see you not being happy with the fact that the sole purpose of buying books was simply to press them. Maybe not, I suppose they are free to do what they want -- but it seems like they are paying on time with the prospects of deriving the means to pay by selling the books as upgraded. I dunno, that part seems a bit dicey. Just the speed at which it was done plus the uniform success in getting upgrades strikes me as odd -- considering the fact that others I know who are not "the big boys" have had books pressed with surprisingly less success in their upgrades.

I don't have a problem with pressing in and of itself. I would have a problem if there was favoritism within the system. And that doesn't mean Storms giving favoritism, but favortism with the grades handed out later.

i understand the legality of this situation and the fact that the time payment issues were discussed upfront.............

However, i would be freakin' pizzed off beyond belief if this happened to me. hell, i'm sure many of my Sid's Luncheonette books have been or will be pressed soon, but at least i got paid for them at point of sale and didn't have to wait until some A-hole took possession, cracked them out, had them pressed or whatever, resubbed them, and then listed them for double or triple my selling price, THAT I STILL HAVEN"T GOTTEN PAID FOR YET......... mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

Bob Simon is a gentleman for taking this so well. Bob Storm is merely the consignor who can't control what happens once the books are out the door. the buyer is the culprit here and i hope to hell we find out who it is because this just plain sucks on many levels........................... sumo.gif

additional thought; these books may NOT have been altered in any way and simply resubbed with resulting uniformly higher grades. (and it might explain the speed at which this all took place). that would suck on still other levels insane.gif

Consignment books could be up for sale on another site in higher grades before you are paid for your books.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Don't take it personally, Bob. Awe4one thinks it's his right to tell everyone how to run their businesses.

IT SAYS ON THE SITE NO CONSIGNED BOOKS WILL BE RELEASED UNTIL PAID IN FULL

I agree with Bob on this one. Very common practice to send a good customer with a proven track record books befo.

I"VE NEVER RUN ACROSS A CONSIGNMENT SITE THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO MAKE TIME PAYMENTS,YET TAKE POSSESION OF THE BOOKS,WHEN THEY ARE ON CONSIGNMENT.IF THIS IS SO COMMON,SHOW ME SOME OTHER CONSIGNMENT SHOPS THAT DO THIS.

Everyone should know I am the biggest complainer about dishonset dealers, but Bob really is one of the best guys in the business and I think this transaction clearly shows that again.

NOT DISAGREE ING WITH YOU ON MR STORMS,BUT HOW DOES THIS TRANSACTION SHOW THAT?

IT SAYS ON THE SITE NO CONSIGNED BOOKS WILL BE RELEASED UNTIL PAID IN FULL

I agree with Bob on this one. Very common practice to send a good customer with a proven track record books befo.

I"VE NEVER RUN ACROSS A CONSIGNMENT SITE THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO MAKE TIME PAYMENTS,YET TAKE POSSESION OF THE BOOKS,WHEN THEY ARE ON CONSIGNMENT.IF THIS IS SO COMMON,SHOW ME SOME OTHER CONSIGNMENT SHOPS THAT DO THIS.

Everyone should know I am the biggest complainer about dishonset dealers, but Bob really is one of the best guys in the business and I think this transaction clearly shows that again.

NOT DISAGREE ING WITH YOU ON MR STORMS,BUT HOW DOES THIS TRANSACTION SHOW THAT?

How is this any of your business? Some of you guys are unreal. I wonder what people would find if they crawled up YOUR butt with a microscope?