• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

They are speaking for themselves. Just not on the message board. It puzzles me that you and others seem unable to grasp this essential detail. foreheadslap.gif

You're right...they don't routinely debate issues on these Boards. They let others do that for them secondhand... screwy.gif

Jim

They are speaking for themselves. Just not on the message board. It puzzles me that you and others seem unable to grasp this essential detail. foreheadslap.gif

You're right...they don't routinely debate issues on these Boards. They let others do that for them secondhand... screwy.gif

Jim

Scott's hourly fee ___ x countless hours spent here defending CGC ____ = $ ____ CGC has saved in hiring someone to debate for them. acclaim.gif

I'll let FFB fill in the blanks gossip.gif

Jim

Scott's hourly fee ___ x countless hours spent here defending CGC ____ = $ ____ CGC has saved in hiring someone to debate for them. acclaim.gif

Why should he do that when you could simply ring him to find out?

Have you learned 893censored-thumb.gif nothing! frustrated.gif

yeahok.gif

Jim

What I find ironic is how you and others accuse me of belittling people, judging people, etc., and then you and others like you post stuff like this. You're all hypocrites. Just thought you'd like to know that in case you fall off of your high horse.

Scott's hourly fee ___ x countless hours spent here defending CGC ____ = $ ____ CGC has saved in hiring someone to debate for them.

I'll let FFB fill in the blanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I find ironic is how you and others accuse me of belittling people, judging people, etc., and then you and others like you post stuff like this. You're all hypocrites. Just thought you'd like to know that in case you fall off of your high horse.

FFB...welcome to what makes this hobby so rich and fulfilling! tongue.gif

Jim

So, now where are all these accusations I've been making about you?

It's just funny how no matter what the topic is, or even if you initially agree or disagree with it, you inevitably take the side of debating for and defending CGC.

I think I'll stick to my "high horse" rather than being awestruck by the one being wheeled through the gates right now...

80px-Trojan-horse.jpg

Jim

So, now where are all these accusations I've been making about you?

It's just funny how no matter what the topic is, or even if you initially agree or disagree with it, you inevitably take the side of debating for and defending CGC.

I think I'll stick to my "high horse" rather than being awestruck by the one being wheeled through the gates right now...

80px-Trojan-horse.jpg

Let's be clear here. I take whatever side I believe in and I am not one to back down to a small but noisy mob of internet bigmouths like you and the rest of the constant complainers who denigrate dissenters as though we're all back in junior high school again. Unlike you and many others, I do not have unrealistic expectations about what CGC can or should do, nor do I have the strange sense of entitlement that you and others have for information to be served in exactly the way you want it. I am not too lazy to pick up a phone and call when I want a question answered, and I have never failed to get an answer from CGC immediately when I've placed a call (which usually takes all of five minutes). I don't agree with everything CGC does and when I don't agree with CGC, I try to say so politely and constructively, instead of engaging in the same immature histrionics and conspiracy mongering that I see others engaging in here every day.

If those things make me a CGC apologist, then I prefer that to the incessantly whiny, malcontent alternative that you and so many others choose.

Let's be clear here. I take whatever side I believe in and I am not one to back down to a small but noisy mob of internet bigmouths like you and the rest of the constant complainers who denigrate dissenters as though we're all back in junior high school again. Unlike you and many others, I do not have unrealistic expectations about what CGC can or should do, nor do I have the strange sense of entitlement that you and others have for information to be served in exactly the way you want it. I am not too lazy to pick up a phone and call when I want a question answered, and I have never failed to get an answer from CGC immediately when I've placed a call (which usually takes all of five minutes). I don't agree with everything CGC does and when I don't agree with CGC, I try to say so politely and constructively, instead of engaging in the same immature histrionics and conspiracy mongering that I see others engaging in here every day.

If those things make me a CGC apologist, then I prefer that to the incessantly whiny, malcontent alternative that you and so many others choose.

27_laughing.gif My "incessant whining" has generated 7 posts out of over 1,000 made in this thread compared to your 83 "polite and constructive" posts. 27_laughing.gif

Like I said, CGC doesn't need to hire someone to come on here and defend their positions, they have you free of charge for that.

Tell me this....why is it that you feel the need to constantly repeat yourself about picking up the phone to call CGC? You should just insert a statement in your sig line, so you don't have to keep typing it in every post. I think we all get what YOU would do and what YOU think we should all do.

Well, I don't agree with that. I don't think we should ALL have to individually call CGC to get some straight answers. I don't think there is anything wrong with posting questions here on these boards. Steve does post here and does read these forums as well as other CGC employees, so it's not absurd to think we can get some answers here for all of us to read together.

Now, this is the first time I have stated my opinion on this topic in this thread and I feel no need to repeat it in every future post I make as you do your position, yet I'm the "whiny malcontent" and your the "polite, constructive" patron who just happens to feel the need to reiterate your view about calling CGC nearly every post you make here. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You should just insert a statement in your sig line, so you don't have to keep typing it in every post.
He could use my avatar if he wants. That guy is creepy looking.

I am not one to back down to a small but noisy mob of internet bigmouths like you and the rest of the constant complainers who denigrate dissenters as though we're all back in junior high school again.

This sounds so familiar. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It's like deja vu all over again.

On the other hand, I have an equally strong suspicion that most of those warnings are going to be akin to the parent who says to the child, "If you do that ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to blah blah blah...." and then never does anything. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think that comparing CGC's relationship to their customers to that of a parent/child relationship is pretty silly. Maybe that's how you feel about CGC, but I don't.

You're taking the analogy too literally and thus missing the point. It's an analogy. Look for the real message.

No. Just say what you mean. Your analogy was poor.

Big words & a broad brush. hail.gif

One of these days Scott will answer a debating point without feeling the need to insult everyone who disagrees with him.

Actually, on second thought, .... don't count on it. wink.gif

One of these days Scott will answer a debating point without feeling the need to insult everyone who disagrees with him.

Can you just feel the love in the air today. Civil War CGC Board style. cloud9.gif

I think I'm repeating myself, but my, aren't you a hypocrite.

Please, repeat yourself. You've been doing it for years.

Please, repeat yourself. You've been doing it for years.

OK. You are a hypocrite. confused-smiley-013.gif