• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

boy, wouldn't it be something if a major comic-related publication could do an expose on the type of shenananananigans going on in the press and resub game, complete with names unchanged to unprotect the guilty?

i mean, these boards are amazing, but how many people in the hobby are here every day, reading all these disparate threads?

gee whiz, if only we had a publication with the balls to do something like that. sure does suck that we don't

boy, wouldn't it be something if a major comic-related publication could do an expose on the type of shenananananigans going on in the press and resub game, complete with names unchanged to unprotect the guilty?

i mean, these boards are amazing, but how many people in the hobby are here every day, reading all these disparate threads?

gee whiz, if only we had a publication with the balls to do something like that. sure does suck that we don't

I'd once again suggest we publish our own....but that's what got me a strike last time. shy.gif

I'd once again suggest we publish our own....but that's what got me a strike last time. shy.gif

pretty soon here the sheer volume of data will render any desire to do said article pro bono - as it were - highly unlikely. someone will have to get paid in order to wade through the volume of muck being raked

Blazingbob has confirmed that the 6 upgraded Spideys were all sold to the same buyer. It is extremely likely that the 6 were pressed, along with a couple others that did not receive higher grades upon resubmission (for instance, the ASM 5 being sold as an 8.5 on Comiclink is my old label 8.5).

Since it is not a good practice for his business, Bob understandably did not disclose the name of the buyer. However, we know the buyer is one of Bob's regular big ticket clients who lives in the Metro NY area, and so was able to look the collection over in person. We also know the buyer presses books and resells them without disclosure. Two obvious candidates immediately come to mind who deal routinely with high grade Silver, one living in NY and the other in Northern NJ - I will let you know when I pinpoint who the buyer was among these two individuals well known to the boards and comic-buying community.

The presser has chutzpah: they claim in the Clink auction that the Western PA designation was "accidently" left off the ASM Annual 3, when we know that, in reality, the old label was not included with the resubmission so as to disguise the facts that the book had previously received a lower grade and had subsequently been worked on.

it does "hurt" when this happens.

Bob, you (and perhaps many others) will be glad to know that the purchaser of your (previously mine) ASM's 13 & 15 has contacted me to whip up a couple of Sid's Certificates for him........ thumbsup2.gif

obviously, he is going to leave them alone................ 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh, and i'm not the northern NJ collector that Bob is referring to (in case you didn't already know that,,,,,,,,,,,,, grin.gif)

Blazingbob has confirmed that the 6 upgraded Spideys were all sold to the same buyer. It is extremely likely that the 6 were pressed, along with a couple others that did not receive higher grades upon resubmission (for instance, the ASM 5 being sold as an 8.5 on Comiclink is my old label 8.5).

Since it is not a good practice for his business, Bob understandably did not disclose the name of the buyer. However, we know the buyer is one of Bob's regular big ticket clients who lives in the Metro NY area, and so was able to look the collection over in person. We also know the buyer presses books and resells them without disclosure. Two obvious candidates immediately come to mind who deal routinely with high grade Silver, one living in NY and the other in Northern NJ - I will let you know when I pinpoint who the buyer was among these two individuals well known to the boards and comic-buying community.

The presser has chutzpah: they claim in the Clink auction that the Western PA designation was "accidently" left off the ASM Annual 3, when we know that, in reality, the old label was not included with the resubmission so as to disguise the facts that the book had previously received a lower grade and had subsequently been worked on.

Lauderbach lives 10 min. away from Storms. gossip.gif

The presser has chutzpah: they claim in the Clink auction that the Western PA

designation was "accidently" left off the ASM Annual 3,....

I believe that to be a bunch of malarkey, if the Clink submitter is the one who purchased

the lower graded books then again submitted them to CGC.

A submitter, who is concerned about getting top dollar, will not overlook the pedigree

designation on submission and then again upon receipt. I am sure, we will hear that

assertion on every missing pedigree book that comes to light.

It is because of BS like this that I am sitting on a large Original Owner collection of very high grade late Silver/early Bronze comics. I collect the DCs (so they are safe from the manipulators) but I generally sell the Marvels. Since I do not need the money, I think I will just sit on the Marvels for a few years and hopefully the money grubbing manipulators will have moved onto another scam by the time I put the Marvels up for sale.

This stinks.

Lauderbach lives 10 min. away from Storms. gossip.gif

But Steve would never do such a thing! 893whatthe.gif

Unless it was a B&B #28...

Or a GL with a popped staple that could be restored in an...unrestored...way...

Or an X-Men #8...

Or....

How close does he live again? crazy.gif