• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Book Swapmeet returns and this time it's serious!!! Sunday July 26th

97 posts in this topic

Good times! Thanks to all who I bought and sold from! It was a great way to spend a lazy sunday with some new friends whom I just know by their board names! God I suck!

Kudos to Cave Foe running the house and to Foolkiller for the pizza!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Hopefully next time it'll be closer to Baltimore? Maybe? Please? I'll bring cake if it is! :angel:

Im still waiting for my cookies :baiting::grin:

Go to Baltimore Comic Con and I'll have them for you. :foryou:

I had a great time, made a lot of new friends, and picked up some great comics. Oh, and I'd like to thank Foolkiller for buying enough delivery pizza for everyone to gorge on. (worship)

I hope to see you guys and gals who couldn't make the swap-meet at the next one.

Thank you Cavecarson. (thumbs u

I had a real blast and look forward to the next one. Folks, if you show up, I guarantee you will get some good deals on some great books, if not from me, than from one of the guys that shows up, all of whom brought cool books.

Next time, maybe I'll arrange to get some hoagies or whatever delivered or I'll bring 'em with me.

Thanks to cavecarson for providing the free space... I will for sure put together some nice boxes of good books at super prices for fellow Maryland collectors.

Swapmeet was a success again.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.

Lots of good books at the show too. BK and Arex had 7 or so long boxes of mostly HG BA books, Greg had a great collection of SA mid-HG (including 2 FF#1's), Fer-de-Lance brought some nice GA books (Timely war covers :cloud9:).

I ended up knocking out almost all the remaining books I needed to complete my Goblin cover ASM's. Just need 96 now. My plans for B'more Con included looking for a 39 and 40 (and buying one of them). Thanks to Greg, I got them both at the swap (in a trade). BK hooked me up with the ASM drug books. Also, traded some stuff with Glenn for a McSpidey #1 Platinum (I've always wanted one).

My Spidey want list went from 6 down to 1.

Big kudos to Mark for putting it on, and kudos to Brian for the pizza.

Swapmeet was a success again.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.

Lots of good books at the show too. BK and Arex had 7 or so long boxes of mostly HG BA books, Greg had a great collection of SA mid-HG (including 2 FF#1's), Fer-de-Lance brought some nice GA books (Timely war covers :cloud9:).

I ended up knocking out almost all the remaining books I needed to complete my Goblin cover ASM's. Just need 96 now. My plans for B'more Con included looking for a 39 and 40 (and buying one of them). Thanks to Greg, I got them both at the swap (in a trade). BK hooked me up with the ASM drug books. Also, traded some stuff with Glenn for a McSpidey #1 Platinum (I've always wanted one).

My Spidey want list went from 6 down to 1.

Big kudos to Mark for putting it on, and kudos to Brian for the pizza.

:applause:

I had a good time. It was nice meeting some more board members and hanging out with old friends. Oh, and Timmay was there too :baiting:

Sold a few books of mine and a few books out of the bronze collection im going to start working on. All in all, it was a fun time :banana:

Thanks to everyone that attended and for all the great deals I was given! :foryou: Thanks too for the drinks and snacks that people brought and especially to Brian (foolkiller) for springing for the pizza!! :applause: Wouldn't take cash or nothing for it...just a really nice gesture.

Had a great time, met some great people and got caught up with some more. CGC board members are smart, personable and know their comics and as a whole are generous and kind. I shouldn't be surprised and I often am.....not the typical comic geek crowd.......more like SUPER COMIC GEEK crowd!!! :kidaround:

Sniff I am tearing up a bit here :sorry:

We need to do this again, maybe quarterly which would put us at October.

Baltimore is October 10 and 11 so we need to pick a date that won't conflict

Choose a 1st and a 2nd choice if possible and they we can narrow it down to just a single date