• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many read or just buy comics?

read or buy  

267 members have voted

1. 1. read or buy

38 posts in this topic

Buy and read...course thats easy to do when I really buy just the one title.

I got to a point where i just did`nt enjoy reading the new stuff anymore so i stopped buying them and now have been just picking up older stuff that i do read or i have read in the past.

The last modern trade i got to read was buffy season eight.

i don't read hardly anything i buy any more. nor am i reading moderns or what have you.

i find comics to be a nice link to my childhood, i think it's fun chasing down books that i need for my run, and i appreciate the look, feel and smell of a well-preserved (this adjective being highly subjective, depending on the age of the book understand) comic.

there are other ways to enjoy the hobby besides reading them, you know. i know it sounds counter-intuitive, but i'm not the only one like me out there

I aim to read each and all books I buy, but I bought over 10 000 comics during the last 6 years and If I'm lucky I can manage to read about 10 a week...so I'm way WAY behind.

there should be something between "buy but hardly read" and "read everything"

honestly, if i did not have so many gaps i would probably read more. right now i have up for sale here almost half of the "blade the immortal" series, which i bought for my nephiew, but that has been dinged by my sister-in-law, and i figured i would read them, but then when i sat down to think about it, do i really want to starts at issue #20something and have some gaps in it after that?

So I wind up stuff that wraps up the story in 1 - 4 issues. For that reason I like horror anthologies, old and new.

Image did a SMART thing this week. CHEW #1 was a surprise sell out. I managed to grab #2, the last copy at my LCS. But I was contemplating just selling it because WTF, I didn't know what happened in #1. But then walking dead 63 comes out and it's a flip-book with a reprint of Chew #1! All for the same usual price. Bright idea, because while I do not normally buy walking dead (because i missed it when it started -- I'll buy em when they're in the overstock box, which is almost never), I bought this issue! I also do not normally buy 2d or 3d prints (for full cover price at least), but this was a little different because the WD part of the book was not a reprint. Not to mention, the guys at the shop almost had a heart attack seeing me buy 2 off the rack issues (I also bought WD #61 for the Chew preview, they had one last copy)

WD 61 and Chew 1 were good reads.

Having not read the first 60 issues of WD, it was a little confusing though.

The comic is almost written like they're scripting out the television show. It would probably make a good WB show like Supernatural.