• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men2 Splash

271 posts in this topic

jon said everyone was invited earlier in the thread... what more invitation do you need? If you want the date or address I'm sure jon can tell you by pm

The art gatherings I speak of aren't at all secret... :)

I have them twice a year at my penthouse in Hollywood...usually a handful of other collectors have them too once a year in other parts of the US...(I believe Chuck Costas does one in Washington?)...usually about 13-20 West Coast collectors show up at a time, all with art folios...the problem is when I travel often, it's hard to plan a date, but I promise, next one I do will be posted on the CGC boards as well as on the comicart-L (they usually are), and a good time is usually had by all...trades go down, deals are made, geeky cartoons are watched and art is enjoyed by all...

And yes, ALL are ALWAYS welcome to show...

Not yet sure when I should have the next one...hmmm...

I was just teasing you guys a bit, but I really appreciate this.

And I bet it is fun...so maybe it will work out and one day I will be there as well.

Located in Philly....so East Coast....

Are we talking Washington DC or State Washington ?

I would like to apologize to the group for this discussion that got out of hand. I agree that name-calling serves no purpose than to make everyone look bad. I did not intend for the conversation to disintegrate to where it did. For that, I am sorry.

On the positive side, let's hope the discussion might serve to educate new collectors that this is a hobby that people can get very passionate about, but which is also a business for some as well (for good and bad).

Thanks to my friends who wrote with their advice and perspective.

As for Jon...he and I know the true reason for his sudden apology. We'll leave it at that.

Hope to see everyone at SD.

lol!!!

Jon Mankuta commenting on someone's sincerity!!! lol

Boy, as a 'former' owner of this art, you really seem to write and behave as if you have something at stake in all this. Down to offering to 'discuss' this in person with Felix with said implied physical threats. Having seen you in person, I find that just as amusing as the sincerity comment.

So, Jon, you are stating for the public record that you do not own this page. You have referred to yourself as 'former owner' several times. So if that's true and Mike Burkey sells this page (and we know he will eventually), all proceeds will go to Mike and his heirs and you won't see a single penny in compensation in any form or manner. And that if he does sell this page, any implied or express ownership that you may claim are hereby waived. Is that correct, Jon?

I so want to believe in your sincerity and your previous statements disclaiming ownership before your peers in the collector and dealer communities.

Lambert

Wow Lambert...what side of the bed did you wake up on...? lol

And having seen me in person? Um...I'm 6'3 and 240 lbs dude...not exactly a little guy, thanks... :)

Point is, this is a dead thread...we both got heated and carried away, but I apologized, Felix apologized, we each have supporters on each of our sides, and Mike has a piece of art that we worked out a deal on, so I couldn't care less what he does with it...

So Jon, does that mean you do not own this Kirby X-Men #2 splash page at all and that Mike Burkey owns this piece of art free and clear of any claims you may have? And that Mike is free to keep any and all proceeds without having to compensate you in any manner?

Wow- I didn't expect to see my name pop up in this thread, but to answer your question, my annual comic art get together is usually in the April timeframe in the Washington DC area. People who are interested should drop me a PM with your info. and I'll add it to the list.

I likely won't have the X-Men #2 splash on display (unless I can work a really big trade with Mike in San Diego this year), but I do have one of the nicer pages from that book on display from my private collection. And, I thought my page was nice!

Wow- I didn't expect to see my name pop up in this thread, but to answer your question, my annual comic art get together is usually in the April timeframe in the Washington DC area. People who are interested should drop me a PM with your info. and I'll add it to the list.

I likely won't have the X-Men #2 splash on display (unless I can work a really big trade with Mike in San Diego this year), but I do have one of the nicer pages from that book on display from my private collection. And, I thought my page was nice!

Yeah, but do you own it, or is it MINE...? lol