• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help identify a book?

16 posts in this topic

If anyone has a Golden Age Gerber Cover Guide handy, can you tell me if Murder Incorporated #3 says "The Inside Story of Lucky Luciano and Murder, Inc." on the cover? I just got a copy like that and it has blank inside covers and no indicia (publishing info) inside at all. Where the logo for a publisher should go on the cover it says "Realistic Famous Gangsters".

Can you provide a scan? Neither vol. 1 nor vol. 2 #3 have that caption. Sounds like it may be a foreign book, reprinting the story under its own title.

Don't own a guide but according to the GCD there are two series. One from 1948 and another from 1950 that both include a #3 issue.

Neither one states what you are looking for.

82444.jpg.5dcda3041255146ea2d623f438349e18.jpg

82445.jpg.3e3688a15be0d9bf25edb73d81be9b05.jpg

It's kinda interesting how the publisher listing on the covers of the Famous Gangsters series was done. First issue had the traditional Avon logo, second issue has "Avon Famous Gangsters", and third issue had "Realistic Famous Gangsters". I guess they gave up and renamed the series after that.

It's kinda interesting how the publisher listing on the covers of the Famous Gangsters series was done. First issue had the traditional Avon logo, second issue has "Avon Famous Gangsters", and third issue had "Realistic Famous Gangsters". I guess they gave up and renamed the series after that.

Avon used Realistic as an imprint so they just moved the series from the main house to the imprint in this case.

Here's my copy and a scan of the inside front cover that you're missing b/c it's blank. It's likely it's a Canadian version. Does the back cover ads match this US version? -

82447.jpg.e3944642da9979b403bb9c3dac43cf04.jpg

82448.jpg.2e427870178a39ce03d7a682aa4f9315.jpg

82449.jpg.8f8c8cebb7ce4b1d2a084700f66733fc.jpg

OT: At the auction I was at today I saw a great magazine cover of a kid reading a comic book in a barber's chair. The mag was in poor condition so I didn't get it- I see some on ebay in stores & auction... Coronet- April, 1952... worth a look!