• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEDNESDAY COMICS

15 posts in this topic

3.99 for a newspaper....NO THANK YOU

true they should have priced it at $3,

but it was neat on the giant pull out pages, it seems like it sold well my comic shop sold out by Saturday i purchased the last copy.

:)

There was a discussion that the price point is higher because of lack of advertisements. Mine didn't last long enough to confirm this lack but I am getting more next week. I ordered light and everyone seemed to like it.

We were fortunate in that Bob Wayne at DC showed us an advance copy of it at Wizard Philly. We increased our orders quite a bit (from 20 to 75 at the main store, about 200 total). We still sold out on Friday. It looks very cool.

Unfortunately I will have to wait for reorders to come in to get a chance to read it.

Plus it's weekly for 12 weeks. I'm sick of DC's weekly books (Trinity? Can't believe that made it all the way through). $4 a week? I'd rather buy a real comic with that money.

Based on the first issue, I'd say there's more reading value for your hard-earned $4 in this package than any other so-called real comic currently published by DC, with the possible exception of GL. Your mileage will of course vary.

And I thought Countdown was utter drek, and never made it past the first issue of Trinity.

Plus it's weekly for 12 weeks. I'm sick of DC's weekly books (Trinity? Can't believe that made it all the way through). $4 a week? I'd rather buy a real comic with that money.

Based on the first issue, I'd say there's more reading value for your hard-earned $4 in this package than any other so-called real comic currently published by DC, with the possible exception of GL. Your mileage will of course vary.

And I thought Countdown was utter drek, and never made it past the first issue of Trinity.

Yeah, mileage will vary because it's an anthology "book". I suppose if you like every character in it, you will enjoy it more. For me, reading one page of 7 out of the 15 features I like just ain't worth the money, and the larger size format is not a draw. And if the Batman strip is any indication, the stroytelling pace looks galcial.

Maybe it's nostalgia for the older guys, but I have none for the Sunday comic strips. I always thought they were lame compared to the comic books I was reading. You can keep Hi + Lois and Dagwood + Blondie.

I liked it, and I don't like gimmicks and don't buy moderns. Some of the stories and/or art are definitely better than others, regardless, the large format is nice. Adjusting my brain for short, weekly serialization will take getting used to, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the run. And as far as the price goes, lots of people spend that daily on their morning coffee. (shrug)

And as far as the price goes, lots of people spend that daily on their morning coffee. (shrug)

C'mon, you've gotta have 15 Dunkin Donuts within a 5 mile radius of you. Their coffee is better than Starbucks and costs a lot less ;)

I didn't say me, bro'! I can't stand Starbucks, their coffee tastes like , always burnt. They'll forever be Charbucks in my book. Plus, to get a simple cup of coffee you have to wait behind some clown ordering a verducci noblini with 1/2 cream, 1/2 2% milk and a 1/4 flavor shot of spoogemanti, etc. etc.