• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Greektown dinner

287 posts in this topic

We need to have a seat reserved for Nik.
I agree. If he's not going to Greece, he needs to be with his buddies, eating Greek food and talking comics.

So what do you call 40 CGC board members going to a Greek restaurant ?

thats as far as i got with the joke -- anybody got a punchline ????

A "gaggle of geeks"?

A Certified Greek Cuisine . Ok, its late, i still havent adjusted to the time difference.

I never thought that when I posted this pic a week ago in this thread that it would have been as appropriate as it is now.

:(

This is a pic of Nik and greggy from last year's dinner.

Missing Soldier.

Chicago08051.jpg

In honor of Nik, there'll be a seat at the head of the table for him. This will give us an opportunity to toast the man and his memory. I know he'd want us to enjoy ourselves and have the time of our lives.

My chances of going to Chicago have taken a turn for the worse. Probably 15% chance I'll make it and a 5% chance of making the dinner. If Doc is footing the bill, there'll be a 8% chance I'll go. :P If I can't make it, guys, I will be with you in spirit.

Andy

I don't know if there was a ist in this thread, but I wanted to add my name to it. I definitely won't miss this one.

I have a feeling at some point or another there won't be a dry eye in the house.

I'm going to put together an official list in a few days, Mike, once I get a chance to go through the thread again. I'm glad you could join us this year. One of this year's attendees sent me a PM with some pretty cool news. It seems that the Chicago Greek Town Chamber of Commerce is appreciative that our yearly dinner is held at Venus. In our honor they have decided to proclaim for one night only 08/06/09: Greektown Chicago shall be renamed in our honor "GEEKTOWN"

I'm going to put together an official list in a few days, Mike, once I get a chance to go through the thread again. I'm glad you could join us this year. One of this year's attendees sent me a PM with some pretty cool news. It seems that the Chicago Greek Town Chamber of Commerce is appreciative that our yearly dinner is held at Venus. In our honor they have decided to proclaim for one night only 08/06/09: Greektown Chicago shall be renamed in our honor "GEEKTOWN"

(worship)

I don't know if there was a ist in this thread, but I wanted to add my name to it. I definitely won't miss this one.

I have a feeling at some point or another there won't be a dry eye in the house.

+ 1

I wasn't planning on going to Chicago this year, as there were too many other things going on for me between work and family. I figured "there's always next year".

If anything has been driven home for me in the last week, its that you can never bank on being given another day, much less another year.

So, I'm going and am looking forward to seeing you all there, at both the convention center and the Greektown dinner.

+ 1

I wasn't planning on going to Chicago this year, as there were too many other things going on for me between work and family. I figured "there's always next year".

If anything has been driven home for me in the last week, its that you can never bank on being given another day, much less another year.

So, I'm going and am looking forward to seeing you all there, at both the convention center and the Greektown dinner.

You make your flight arrangements yet George?

+ 1

You make your flight arrangements yet George?

Yes, this morning. Leaving Thursday afternoon from Tampa, returning Sunday late.

My only challenge now is to locate a spare dealer's badge.