• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong...Showcase 4 is a very important book. SC 4 has increase 100% the last ten years and that is why the prices is currently stalled. For price wise (not OSPG), Showcase 22 is the second most valued Silver Age DC and the recent sells speak for itself. SC22 has a lot going for it right now: under value, current story lines, movie, and SDCC 2009 exposure (BTW over 125000 attendance). If the run-up for Showcase 22 gets to Showcase 4 prices than it become too pricey. Time will tell if there will ever be a copy graded over 9.0. There is still a lot of price increase potential for SC22. (thumbs u

I agree that SC #4 is still a significant book, but it is sort of the FF #1 of the DC Silver Age with SC #22 is turning into the AF #15. That being said, without the early success of SC #4 we would not have seen the return of the super-hero book to prominence until a later date (if at all). Remember, it was not until B&B #28 that Marvel finally got off its butt and came out with FF #1.

I've have spoken to many dealers and they said the frenzy and mania in SC22 stampede AF15 in comparison because due to supply. Early Silver Age DC's are definately more scarce than early Silver Age Marvel's. This is definately dued to less collecting exposure (bags, storage, multiple copies buying habits) before 1964. This explains why, early Silver Age DC page quality is lower and is more scarce in high grade. ;)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

That's because there are 1241 graded copies of AF15 and only 246 of SC22. There is more pressure on this side of the fence. You blink and a copy may slip by.

and 192 graded copies of showcase #4 and that book is still deader than disco.

I dunno, I thought this was a healthy price for a 4.5 (shrug)

Wow. I don't think that SC #22 will hit that level in 4.5, but if it does then anyone with a copy now will be :banana:^^

round here, if a book doesn't increase 100% in a month, it's considered "dead". but I agree with kimik, SC22 has been undervalued for a long time and is just now catching up. (plus movie hype).

well, I am going to go STRONG with my 4.0 and 6.5 and test the waters next week...will be interesting to see at what point price reisistance takes place

I just put my 3.5 OW up on Ebay with a BIN (at the last 4.0 high price) to see what kind of attention it gets. I didn't plan on selling it but I have 2 copies so I figured I would see what happens.

Should be interesting...

-William

well, I am going to go STRONG with my 4.0 and 6.5 and test the waters next week...will be interesting to see at what point price reisistance takes place

I just put my 3.5 OW up on Ebay with a BIN (at the last 4.0 high price) to see what kind of attention it gets. I didn't plan on selling it but I have 2 copies so I figured I would see what happens.

Should be interesting...

-William

Very nice off-white page quality and it deserves that 4.0 copy price that sold for $1700. (thumbs u

Should be interesting...

-William

Very nice off-white page quality and it deserves that 4.0 copy price that sold for $1700. (thumbs u

:news: SHOWCASE 22 CGC 3.5 OW Ebay 260477699787

Should be interesting...

-William

keep us posted if it sells... I am going to add the "make offer" to mine, to see what kind of offers I get

Should be interesting...

-William

keep us posted if it sells... I am going to add the "make offer" to mine, to see what kind of offers I get

"make offer" is always the smartest move..... at least the bites will come in.... (thumbs u

Should be interesting...

-William

Where are you putting yours Rick ?

Should be interesting...

-William

good question... I guess I will start off on ebay, with the BIN /best offer function... naturally, any boardie that wants to make an offer, feel free...

these were purchased with full intent to resell...so sorry with the sales pitch :sorry:

Should be interesting...

-William

IMO both, the 3.0 and the 3.5 look extremely nice for their grade.

Especially the 3.0 looks a lot nicer, judging from the pictures. I guess it might have stains or the cover is detached from the top staple or something.

Looks better than 3.0 to me (shrug)

Should be interesting...

-William

IMO both, the 3.0 and the 3.5 look extremely nice for their grade.

Especially the 3.0 looks a lot nicer, judging from the pictures. I guess it might have stains or the cover is detached from the top staple or something.

Looks better than 3.0 to me (shrug)

I agree with you that they appear better than the grades shown. I guess if anyone planning to bid on them...they should call up CGC for the grading notes. :)

Should be interesting...

-William

good question... I guess I will start off on ebay, with the BIN /best offer function... naturally, any boardie that wants to make an offer, feel free...

these were purchased with full intent to resell...so sorry with the sales pitch :sorry:

Rick gets flooded with lowball boardie offers in 5.....4......3.....2.....1...... lol

I don't know, just because 1 guy paid a lot, does it mean we are all supposed to pay a lot now? 1 public sale doesn't a trend make... Or does it?

There has been a recent sell for a 3.0 on ComicLink for $1125..., and of course the 5.5 for $3803.64 on Ebay. Also currently on Ebay there is a 3.0, 3.5, and the same 5.5. Rick has mention he will be listing his 4.0 and 6.5 on Ebay with best offers next week. With the recent supply out in the market, we will have to see how this will play out. Currently, the trend is still up. (thumbs u