• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Buy Buy Buy them all.....

29exchange.600.jpg

Better snag your copies of GL #5, #7, and #16 as well right now, before it is too late. :baiting:

I like this exchange picture. If a collector or investor had held on their SC22 for the last 9 months, he or she would have a nice 200% increase at the current market today. For now, I think I will hold on to all my copies for 10-20 years and see what happens.

Fixed that for you lol

lol Seriously. I picked mine up in 1992 for ....wait for it .... $105 in an auction at my LCS. In fact, the underbidder had no intention of buying it since it was clear that I wanted it and had the cash to pick it up. He just didn't want me to buy it for less than $100.

29exchange.600.jpg

Better snag your copies of GL #5, #7, and #16 as well right now, before it is too late. :baiting:

I like this exchange picture. If a collector or investor had held on their SC22 for the last 9 months, he or she would have a nice 200% increase at the current market today. For now, I think I will hold on to all my copies for 10-20 years and see what happens.

Fixed that for you lol

lol Seriously. I picked mine up in 1992 for ....wait for it .... $105 in an auction at my LCS. In fact, the underbidder had no intention of buying it since it was clear that I wanted it and had the cash to pick it up. He just didn't want me to buy it for less than $100.

Great story...may I ask what grade is it? My first copy (coverless copy) was bought when I was 14 years old and I still have it. :hi:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

29exchange.600.jpg

Fixed that for you lol

Great story...may I ask what grade is it? My first copy (coverless copy) was bought when I was 14 years old and I still have it. :hi:

I haven't closely examined it in years, but it's in the VG range (from the first page of this thread):

Showcase22fs.jpg

29exchange.600.jpg

Fixed that for you lol

I haven't closely examined it in years, but it's in the VG range (from the first page of this thread):

Showcase22fs.jpg

It's great to see it again. Very solid 4.0 or 4.5. You have in you hands one of the most desirable Silver Age DC comic. :applause:

(thumbs u very nice. I'm hoping mine will be coming back in the 4.0 range :wishluck: but I think a 3.5 is probably more realistic.

I am waiting on my coupons to send mine in but it should be on it's way out in a week at most.

sc22_frontscanSM.jpg

that name on the top...looks familiar..ped

ped (shrug)

It's Dennis something, I doubt this has been seen around before. It has been sitting at my LCS for a good 6 months until I decided to leap on it when the prices started to rise. Funny too, they told me within a day after I bought it, people were asking where it went.

FWIW, I watched a raw 1.5/1.8 walk out the door of a shop last night for $300. There was tape all the way up the spine and I guess a face cut out on one of the interior pages. Still thought that was a steal.

There is tremendous amount of news and action on SC22 . Demand for this book stampede the supply. Also, I believe, this book is considered the AF15 for the DC Silver Age.

Let's not get carried away. Showcase 4 is the AF15 for DC. SC 22 is more like Hulk 1.

hm *doingmath* so you are................ 36?

Wow...you are correct. Getting a bit old. :preach:

Dont worry we can start a 36 years old club... we can be the first two members..and it's not old.. :sumo:

Get a room, not a club :slapfight:

:jokealert:

hm *doingmath* so you are................ 36?

Wow...you are correct. Getting a bit old. :preach:

Dont worry we can start a 36 years old club... we can be the first two members..and it's not old.. :sumo:

For us younger board members it is. :baiting: