• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

with the last several RAW books on ebay that were in the 1.8/2.0 area going at above overstreet in GOOD.and poor/fair books around $200....id say ALL prices are on the rise....

Well raw 2.0 is listed in OSPG at 372$ say 400$ (which is what the 2 last raws went for on eBay, 1 was mine).

so it would be pretty safe to asume that cgc'd 2.0's should go for quite a bit more?

I don't know if they will go for quite a bit more in 2.0 or 2.5, but there should be a bit of a premium for graded copies. It looks like 4.0 and up is the sweet spot.
that is why I concentrated on 4.0 and up...

a 2.0 raw or graded, to me, is the same 2.0.... a gd is still a gd... but, if folks pay a premium, cool (thumbs u

Well the average collector will not be able to afford 3000$-plus once the perfect storm hits for 4.0s and up, so there could be a surge in under 4.0 as well. 500-700$ for a nice 2.0-3.0 might be tempting for someone wanting to join our club. And there are definitely more average collectors than BSD collectors out there so it might be easier to flip a higher number of lower graded books than 1 higher graded (if you are looking to sell that is). But then again if you manage to get 15-20 grand for a book you bought for a couple thousand (or hundred) a few years ago, more power to ya!

I don't know if they will go for quite a bit more in 2.0 or 2.5, but there should be a bit of a premium for graded copies. It looks like 4.0 and up is the sweet spot.

I think krytospidey was implying that since his copies are graded it should sell for more than the current OSPG prices. I agree...his 2.0 or 2.5 should sell for more than OSPG since a 3.0 and many other copies recently have sold for over guide. Buying SC22 at guide price is a bargain right now. :/

Edited by showcase22gr1959

that is why I concentrated on 4.0 and up...

a 2.0 raw or graded, to me, is the same 2.0.... a gd is still a gd... but, if folks pay a premium, cool (thumbs u

Graded copies of SC22 4.0 and up will deserve a premium of at least 2x guide. :grin:

So who knows about this ramp up in prices. Is it limited to a small number of collectors and dealers or does everyone know to play the one year before movie card?

Well either way I hope they know that it's a seller's market right now

So who knows about this ramp up in prices. Is it limited to a small number of collectors and dealers or does everyone know to play the one year before movie card?

Metropolis, Heritage, Comic Connect, Detective27kid, Harley Yee, Comic Link, Ebay, auctions houses and dealers has sold multiple copies of this book since July 2009. As we speak, we are witnessing descent prices for all low grade copy and especially high grade copies. Dealers are aware that SC22 is in high demand and collectors and investors want to own this book. The 8.0 Mound City copy will set the tone for the high grade copies. I think copies under 4.0 has very little upside in the short term. On the other hand, supplies are scarce for copies 5.5 and above. :)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Metropolis, Heritage, Comic Connect, Detective27kid, Harley Yee, Comic Link, Ebay, auctions houses and dealers has sold multiple copies of this book since July 2009. As we speak, we are witnessing descent prices for all low grade copy and especially high grade copies. Dealers are aware that SC22 is in high demand and collectors and investors want to own this book. The 8.0 Mound City copy will set the tone for the high grade copies. I think copies under 4.0 has very little upside in the short term. On the other hand, supplies are scarce for copies 5.5 and above. :)

i think any copy is hard to come by....especially when anything available is being bought up...by us. 2c

if you could buy a af15 raw at 10-15 years ago prices....think about that... hm

the supply vs demant is just not there...i just bought 6 raw books from obscure stores across the county....there are only so many books available....i called 150 stores for 6 books.

i think any copy is hard to come by....especially when anything available is being bought up...by us. 2c

the supply vs demant is just not there...i just bought 6 raw books from obscure stores across the county....there are only so many books available....i called 150 stores for 6 books.

Yeah...and add the fact that if you're looking for one in 6 or better....the list becomes VERY short. And if you need one with decent PQ, the list is razor thin !

Yeah...and add the fact that if you're looking for one in 6 or better....the list becomes VERY short. And if you need one with decent PQ, the list is razor thin !

SC 22 6.0 and above is like a Hulk 1 because there both hard to find in high grade. I predict SC22 will be worth as much as ASM 1. The 5.0 and 5.5 has almost reached that price poiint of ASM 1 5.0 and 5.5.

So a lot of the small shops that specialize in new books have no clue, which kind of confirms my experience. My shop did not have one but the owner has no clue this board exists. He is barely aware of CGC and thinks they are only for mail order. He thinks his 7.0-8.0 bronze age books are high grade but he does a good business, made it through the 90s bust and is having the best year in his existence. So SC22 is not on his radar.

So a lot of the small shops that specialize in new books have no clue, which kind of confirms my experience. My shop did not have one but the owner has no clue this board exists. He is barely aware of CGC and thinks they are only for mail order. He thinks his 7.0-8.0 bronze age books are high grade but he does a good business, made it through the 90s bust and is having the best year in his existence. So SC22 is not on his radar.

I just missed out on a VG-/VG copy for $900 that a major dealer was looking at snagging for me form one of his LCSs, so there are still deals out there to be had if you can find them. :wishluck:

It's starting to look more and more like the relative scarcity of this issue is real.