• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

:news: Well we will soon find out what a 9.0 will bring in auction. Heritage has posted a 9.0. No picture yet but here is the link.

Holy Jeepers Batman It is a SC22 in 9.0

Most likely it is the the one HA sold on 5-10-06.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=820&Lot_No=2101&src=pr#Photo

Since it has off-white pages...it might just be. It will be interesting to see if it is still the old holder or the new holder. We should be able to find out if this is the new 9.0, the old Heritage copy or the ComicLInk copy with the updated census. Wow, we have the 8.0 Mound copy and the Heritage 9.0 up for sale. At least we know the Heritage sale will be in the GPA data. (thumbs u

Photo is up. Same copy as one sold 3 years ago.

Hopefully, the seller will make a little profit on it.

:signfunny:lol

:news: Well we will soon find out what a 9.0 will bring in auction. Heritage has posted a 9.0. No picture yet but here is the link.

Holy Jeepers Batman It is a SC22 in 9.0

Most likely it is the the one HA sold on 5-10-06.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=820&Lot_No=2101&src=pr#Photo

Since it has off-white pages...it might just be. It will be interesting to see if it is still the old holder or the new holder. We should be able to find out if this is the new 9.0, the old Heritage copy or the ComicLInk copy with the updated census. Wow, we have the 8.0 Mound copy and the Heritage 9.0 up for sale. At least we know the Heritage sale will be in the GPA data. (thumbs u

Photo is up. Same copy as one sold 3 years ago.

Hopefully, the seller will make a little profit on it.

:signfunny:lol

Yelp, the same copy. Gary is going to have a nice handsome return :grin: . I previously estimate 9.0 copy with crm/ow is value between $40000-50000 and since it is off-white it may fetch $48000-60000. Very clean copy and such a rarity! (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Have you noticed that the colors look totally different, when you compare the pictures?

The new scan has the bottom spine (near/around the bottom staple) looking a little more cream than the scan in 2006.

Hard to tell because the colorings are not matching between the scans, though.

What do you guys think?

Have you noticed that the colors look totally different, when you compare the pictures?

The new scan has the bottom spine (near/around the bottom staple) looking a little more cream than the scan in 2006.

What do you guys think?

Maybe the grey...gives us the optical illusion effect. Looks pretty consistent. hm

What do you guys think?

Heritage is known to alter their scans. I dont know about you guys but that book looks to have a good amount of wear on all 4 corners...

What do you guys think?

Heritage is known to alter their scans. I dont know about you guys but that book looks to have a good amount of wear on all 4 corners...

My copy is just as nice...the four corners are a little bit better...why not a 9.0 (shrug)SHOWCASE85RR.jpg

What do you guys think?

gift grade

Too much focus on the high end not enough on the low end. Just back from CGC :tonofbricks:

87470.jpg

Looks pretty good for a 1.8. What's the resto?

Nice break from the non-stop HG chatter. :applause:

What do you guys think?

My copy is just as nice...the four corners are a little bit better...why not a 9.0 (shrug)SHOWCASE85RR.jpg

Miscut cover? My guess is that the Heritage copy was a gift grade as well.

What do you guys think?

Agreed. Gift grade or shaken slab syndrome after the fact?

What do you guys think?

Agreed. Gift grade or shaken slab syndrome after the fact?

looks nothing like SCS- maybe a tiny mouse crawled into the slab

What do you guys think?

Miscut cover? My guess is that the Heritage copy was a gift grade as well.

Gorgeous book !

Too much focus on the high end not enough on the low end. Just back from CGC :tonofbricks:

87470.jpg

Looks pretty good for a 1.8. What's the resto?

Nice break from the non-stop HG chatter. :applause:

Small amount of colour touch and tape (which I think is not considered resto on SA books)

Yeah i was hoping 2 or 2.5, cant win em all

why no mention of the real 9.0 in the heritage auction?

Three pages back. It did not generate much interest yet. I wonder if we will see some census creep. Are there some books in mylar that will be shook free and give us a 9.4 or 9.6.

Why would there be census creep? This is the same 9.0 that sold on Heritage back in May 2006 for $15,535. Looks like this Gary Keller guy has been a big buyer over the last few years and has suddenly decided to unload everything.

Well, all you guys who've been speculating as to how much a 9.0 SC 22 would go for in today's market will finally get an answer. Especially with one of the big players no longer in the picture.

Edited by tth2

My copy is just as nice...the four corners are a little bit better...why not a 9.0 (shrug)

Hard to focus on the corners when my eyes keep being pulled back to the miswrap.

This well explains why Showcase 22 does not exist in 9.2 or better; such as books like Brave and the Bold 28, Showcase 4, Flash 105, Green Lantern 1 SA. (tsk)