• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Just got this puppy back from CGC today!!! :banana: I'm very pleased with the grade and especially for th page quality.. Offwhite pages.. I am now officially in the SC 22 club :acclaim:

Picture390.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice 4.0. Wouldn't mind seeing a better picture. :shy:

Welcome to the club!

Just got this puppy back from CGC today!!! :banana: I'm very pleased with the grade and especially for th page quality.. Offwhite pages.. I am now officially in the SC 22 club :acclaim:

Picture390.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice 4.0. Wouldn't mind seeing a better picture. :shy:

Welcome to the club!

Very very nice! You're officially in the UPQC (Upper Page Quality Club) of 22 holders !!!

Rich is EVP and I'm VP...

:headbang:

Does anyone have a link to that CL 9.0 sale? Or does the page no longer exist?

CL sets up their system so that the link no longer exists, except for the winner.

I can only see the result by looking at my bidding history on CL, but when I click on the auction link it's a dead link. CL clearly have no desire to provide the same kind of archival service that Heritage does.

Does anyone have a link to that CL 9.0 sale? Or does the page no longer exist?

CL sets up their system so that the link no longer exists, except for the winner.

I can only see the result by looking at my bidding history on CL, but when I click on the auction link it's a dead link. CL clearly have no desire to provide the same kind of archival service that Heritage does.

Gotcha...

SC 22 really is a GREAT book, regardless of the current hype etc (thumbs u

I agree. Regardless of what SC22 does in terms of value and demand, it's a significant book to own. Currently, it's enjoying a surge in demand and recognition.Also, It's the debut of a great character, not abundant compare to some other Silver Age book out there, and made to a movie. Nonetheless, it's a great way to bring collectors and dealers to share and enjoy their hobby. (thumbs u

Wow, no new posts since the football talk yesterday. I guess this book is slowing down. ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4583642

Officiating crew suspended.

Having watched the 2nd half of that game, especially the drive that FL had when they scored the TD to tie the game at 20, it was an embarrassment. Non existent pass interference call, roughing penalties etc. Just goes to show how difficult it is to win on the road in hostile environments in college football where the quality of officiating is as good as MLB umpires in these playoffs. (I won't mention some of the problems we have had i.e Oregon 2007 which is the pinnacle of referee ineptitude)

Anybody have a low grade copy of Showcase 22 and wouldnt mind scanning the interior pages ? Think it would be a neat thing to see the storyline.

Wow, no new posts since the football talk yesterday. I guess this book is slowing down. ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4583642

Officiating crew suspended.

Having watched the 2nd half of that game, especially the drive that FL had when they scored the TD to tie the game at 20, it was an embarrassment. Non existent pass interference call, roughing penalties etc. Just goes to show how difficult it is to win on the road in hostile environments in college football where the quality of officiating is as good as MLB umpires in these playoffs. (I won't mention some of the problems we have had i.e Oregon 2007 which is the pinnacle of referee ineptitude)

Anybody have a low grade copy of Showcase 22 and wouldnt mind scanning the interior pages ? Think it would be a neat thing to see the storyline.

the PI call was legit (can't have your back to the ball and make contact :makepoint: ), the PF against the Ark lineman I didn't see and the official admitted to making a mistake...

Rick, i respectfully disagree and think you should watch the PI call again. The DB clearly turns his head and body around a good 2-3 seconds before the balls lands.

There were also big questions surrounding the next play after the roughing where the refs clearly mis-spotted the ball.

Not saying FL wouldnt have won anyway (they probably would have).

Rick, i respectfully disagree and think you should watch the PI call again. The DB clearly turns his head and body around a good 2-3 seconds before the balls lands.

There were also big questions surrounding the next play after the roughing where the refs clearly mis-spotted the ball.

hm I will rewatch... there were 2 PI , right? ,maybe I am thinking of the other one?.

hm I will rewatch... there were 2 PI , right? ,maybe I am thinking of the other one?.

Rick Im talking about the one right before the bad roughing penalty. It was close, but the DB made an attempt to locate the ball and turned his head and shoulders to find it before it arrived. As long as I have been watching football (I played throughout high school and a little in college) to me what happened just isnt pass inteference, otherwise DB's would never be able to cover a WR. There was some hand fighting on both sides.

That being said it wasnt the most egregious call and we both know how subjective PI calls are, it was just that call in conjunction with the next 2 that makes it seem worse then it is. If it occurred at a different point in the game nobody would be talking about it.

Anybody got a Showcase 22 interior they can scan ?!

Okay, enough sidetracking. Who actually has a raw SC #22 that is willing to post the interior pages? Unfortunately, on these boards an unslabbed copy of any key is probably a rare item! lol

Rick Im talking about the one right before the bad roughing penalty. It was close, but the DB made an attempt to locate the ball and turned his head and shoulders to find it before it arrived. As long as I have been watching football (I played throughout high school and a little in college) to me what happened just isnt pass inteference, otherwise DB's would never be able to cover a WR. There was some hand fighting on both sides.

That being said it wasnt the most egregious call and we both know how subjective PI calls are, it was just that call in conjunction with the next 2 that makes it seem worse then it is. If it occurred at a different point in the game nobody would be talking about it.

Anybody got a Showcase 22 interior they can scan ?!

:popcorn:

88029.jpg.3e1eeee5303dd69fcb001a831417620d.jpg

88030.jpg.6ed64f605d2ec5e649c4293660255532.jpg

88031.jpg.250df5db4803ed0b2106793651de6ff9.jpg

88033.jpg.07dea1444224e1a2a080d6873d680f81.jpg

Arkansas's front 4 won the trench battle. Big time. Unfortunately, they lost the game.

- Arkansas hillbilly