• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Yes it is nice...link below:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7021&Lot_No=91390#Photo

Anybody got glue remover ? (shrug)

The glue removal should give it a blue label. The question is "would it stay above 6.0". (shrug)

it depends on how much "small amount is" and what glue was used...

i've seen "smal amount of glue" that isn't just sitting on the top of the cover/spine,but rather soaked into the paper,which means the piece would have to be chipped out/scratched away,resulting in a hole similar to trying to remove "amateur color touch/marker".... may not be a good candidate.

Edited by kryptospidey

Hi everyone,

These are new in that I recently had them slabbed. I bought them raw several months back along with a couple of slabbed copies. There may be one of those slabbed copies in the listings, hard to remember for certain. I did have a few more but have sold them over the last couple of months. My perspective is that the book was red hot last summer/early fall, cooled off from about NOV - MAR, and then picked right up where it left off last fall. This is a bit of an unusual move in that most books I've seen over the years that have meteoric rises and then cool off, usually stay cool for quite awhile (2-3 years or more).

Best to all,

Greg

Hi everyone,

These are new in that I recently had them slabbed. I bought them raw several months back along with a couple of slabbed copies. There may be one of those slabbed copies in the listings, hard to remember for certain. I did have a few more but have sold them over the last couple of months. My perspective is that the book was red hot last summer/early fall, cooled off from about NOV - MAR, and then picked right up where it left off last fall. This is a bit of an unusual move in that most books I've seen over the years that have meteoric rises and then cool off, usually stay cool for quite awhile (2-3 years or more).

Best to all,

Greg

this one has been an interesting ride... I think most are confident that as the GL movie approaches, the book will "re ignite" and then, as most do, cool back down to some point (likely above current levels)... just the nature of the beast

Yes it is nice...link below:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7021&Lot_No=91390#Photo

Anybody got glue remover ? (shrug)

The glue removal should give it a blue label. The question is "would it stay above 6.0". (shrug)

it depends on how much "small amount is" and what glue was used...

i've seen "smal amount of glue" that isn't just sitting on the top of the cover/spine,but rather soaked into the paper,which means the piece would have to be chipped out/scratched away,resulting in a hole similar to trying to remove "amateur color touch/marker".... may not be a good candidate.

If someone can see it on hand and it could be a good judgment call. This copy has great PQ and I have noticed copy with off-white to white pages tends to be restored.

Hi everyone,

Best to all,

Greg

this one has been an interesting ride... I think most are confident that as the GL movie approaches, the book will "re ignite" and then, as most do, cool back down to some point (likely above current levels)... just the nature of the beast

It's been an interesting ride alright. SC22 has been acting like AF15's little brother. I definitely agree that this books will make another spike when the movie nears. It will begin to cool off once the DVD's have been distributed. The wild card for future exponential appreciation will depend on a sequel. I have been a long time believer of SC22 and will hope to continue to enjoy this journey.

It just sold.. SOmeone got ripped off big time!

That's doh! for the buyer. Well he does offer a return policy, so maybe this buyer will return for the second time.

I hope he realizes the books were restored, possibly even trimmed :wishluck:

That's doh! for the buyer. Well he does offer a return policy, so maybe this buyer will return for the second time.

I hope the buyer has a black light and knows the basics for looking for trimming. He will have just enough time to open the package, inspect the books once and ship them out for a refund:

Return Policy: I don't want anyone to be unhappy with their purchase so I will allow returns if they are returned to me 4 days after receiving the comic in the exact same shape. lol

I hope the buyer has a black light and knows the basics for looking for trimming. He will have just enough time to open the package, inspect the books once and ship them out for a refund:

Return Policy: I don't want anyone to be unhappy with their purchase so I will allow returns if they are returned to me 4 days after receiving the comic in the exact same shape. lol

That's a short return time. One has to make sure to meet the deadline. So I suggest to have the seller ship it on Monday, for arrival no later on Thursday...so in can be mailed out express the next day. lol

Hi everyone,

Best to all,

Greg

Based on my own transactions and others I observed, the initial run up last summer was due to long time collectors finally getting off their buts and getting a copy AND the initial wave of speculators/investors staking their ground. Once the prices jumped a bit it was all in for these two groups in trying to land any copies they could find, and as we have seen now it is a tough book in even 5.0 and above.

We will probably see a slower creep this year and then have the "re ignition" Rick mentions next year as the movie hype begins. After that it will be interesting to see how far it actually pulls back, or if it can maintain AF #15 like momentum.

Hi everyone,

Best to all,

Greg

Based on my own transactions and others I observed, the initial run up last summer was due to long time collectors finally getting off their buts and getting a copy AND the initial wave of speculators/investors staking their ground. Once the prices jumped a bit it was all in for these two groups in trying to land any copies they could find, and as we have seen now it is a tough book in even 5.0 and above.

We will probably see a slower creep this year and then have the "re ignition" Rick mentions next year as the movie hype begins. After that it will be interesting to see how far it actually pulls back, or if it can maintain AF #15 like momentum.

It's a great book Ryan, but it's no AF15! With the current prices, I feel lucky to own a copy...just wish it was better than CGC 3.0. :cry:

Hi everyone,

Best to all,

Greg

It's a great book Ryan, but it's no AF15! With the current prices, I feel lucky to own a copy...just wish it was better than CGC 3.0. :cry:

I did not mean to say it was AF #15, but just that it is behaving like AF #15 price wise in that it might cool off but not pull back much before rising again shortly thereafter. I think it is more due to a supply issue than anything. If it was available in quantities like Avengers #1 we would have seen a similar pattern - 3 month run up at the beginning of last year then big time pull back.

BTW, if you're not happy with your 3.0 I will gladly take it back for the price I got it for you at................. lol

Edited by kimik

I agree, supply is an issue with SC22. There are three added to the last census this time. Looks like a few more restored copies added, but no copies above 5.0 universal. With only 304 SC22 graded copies, it's is definitely more scarce than the Marvel SA keys. JIM 83 is the scariest Marvel SA key with only 636 and the next runner up is Hulk 1 with 658. Unless supply really increase on SC22, I don't see to much of pull back and price will be supported here. So, if there were double of the amount of SC22, the prices will probably be 40-60% less.

Hi everyone,

Best to all,

Greg

I did not mean to say it was AF #15, but just that it is behaving like AF #15 price wise in that it might cool off but not pull back much before rising again shortly thereafter. I think it is more due to a supply issue than anything. If it was available in quantities like Avengers #1 we would have seen a similar pattern - 3 month run up at the beginning of last year then big time pull back.

BTW, if you're not happy with your 3.0 I will gladly take it back for the price I got it for you at................. lol

I will never forget your act of kindness! (thumbs u

Edited by piper