• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I think I posted my opinion on the grade here a few pages ago, but I do not feel it is even a low end 8.0 based on other books I have had graded/owned in the past with similar wear.......

I respect your opinions. Grading to the precise in any given day is not 100% 7.5..8.0. (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

We have had this discussion before and now it seems this book is still on the rise. 23K for a weak 8.0 and the last SC4 8.0 (strong copy) sold for 17.5 K two years ago.

A Showcase 22 8.0 already had a FMV around $20K plus or minus. So it did better and received a pedigree premium boost. Time will tell, if prices have reach a plateau or still more increases. I think it's healthy to see the book not ending in the high 20's. Now when is the next SC4 8.0+ up for sale.

I was a player upto 20k (including bp), but since i had not connection, I didn't help it reach 23900...nice price...wasn't the book already pressed though (shrug)

(shrug)

to pay 23900 for a 8.0 that looks like an avg 8.0 one would "assume" they might have had some pressing thoughts about it ?

Still very nice even if no possible potential.

with multiple sales in the 17K range, almost 24K is not comparable to me (shrug)

I was a player upto 20k (including bp), but since i had not connection, I didn't help it reach 23900...nice price...wasn't the book already pressed though (shrug)

(shrug)

to pay 23900 for a 8.0 that looks like an avg 8.0 one would "assume" they might have had some pressing thoughts about it ?

with multiple sales in the 17K range, almost 24K is not comparable to me (shrug)

That was then. This is now. :gossip:

I personally think most big keys are due for another run-up after a plateau over the past year or so.

I think that's what we're seeing happen now.

(shrug)

Do you feel this copy has potential? The slight rusted staples is a somewhat turn-off, but great copy overall.

(shrug)

Do you feel this copy has potential? The slight rusted staples is a somewhat turn-off, but great copy overall.

You can always buy a 2.0 with nice staples and replace them..............but it would have to lose the pedigree status. :devil:

(shrug)

You can always buy a 2.0 with nice staples and replace them..............but it would have to lose the pedigree status. :devil:

I say please don't. :cry:

(shrug)

This is a great HG book to own, even witht the slight rust and toning on the front cover. I was poised and ready to bid but it jumped from 14k to 20k in a nanosecond. And then the bidding STOPPED.

Congrats to the winner! :applause:

(shrug)

This is a great HG book to own, even witht the slight rust and toning on the front cover. I was poised and ready to bid but it jumped from 14k to 20k in a nanosecond. And then the bidding STOPPED.

Congrats to the winner! :applause:

I thought you won it Brannon. Congrats to the winner. :applause:

(shrug)

my gut was this was (and is) a sub 20K copy...someone(s) obviously think diffferently than me and presumably put their money where their mouth is, but that doesn't sway my opinion...

there is nothing "new" that would cause this copy to sell for 40% more than avg, given it is not as nice as 2 other 8.0's that sold for considerably less... just my 2c

(shrug)

my gut was this was (and is) a sub 20K copy...someone(s) obviously think diffferently than me and presumably put their money where their mouth is, but that doesn't sway my opinion...

there is nothing "new" that would cause this copy to sell for 40% more than avg, given it is not as nice as 2 other 8.0's that sold for considerably less... just my 2c

I like your thinking and it could have been "I have to get it".

I was "blacked" out during the bidding, due to the comcast issue, so I didn't see how it went from 14K to 20K...was it a previously entered max proxy that got bumped up, was it 2 bidders fighting out on Heritage live, was it a floor bidding?..I have no idea, just going with my gut sans all the info

As I recalled and as you said...it jumped from $14K to $20K and at least two bids took it to $24K.
it ended at 20K, with BP it was 23900, correct...

live bidding you have to bid via increment, so how did it just "jump" from 14 to 20K...it would have had to of progressed by $1K increments, so in theory, at least 6 bids would have had to of been made (maybe very quickly, don't know, didn't see it)...

was an internet proxy what won it? was it bid by heritage live or by floor, etc...all these factor into the value, if one can read between the lines (thumbs u

As I recalled and as you said...it jumped from $14K to $20K and at least two bids took it to $24K.

live bidding you have to bid via increment, so how did it just "jump" from 14 to 20K...it would have had to of progressed by $1K increments, so in theory, at least 6 bids would have had to of been made (maybe very quickly, don't know, didn't see it)...

was an internet proxy what won it? was it bid by heritage live or by floor, etc...all these factor into the value, if one can read between the lines (thumbs u

I had internet contact and saw the live bid. I had "18200" ready to enter and in 1 nanosecond it jumped from 14 to 20. I did not even have time to click!!

Doesn't matter as I was not willing to go over 20.

I had internet contact and saw the live bid. I had "18200" ready to enter and in 1 nanosecond it jumped from 14 to 20. I did not even have time to click!!

Doesn't matter as I was not willing to go over 20.

Before the live auction, it was at $13K+BP for $15500 than in jump to $20K. Looks like proxy bids jumped it up quickly. All before buyer's premium: possible three proxy bids. Let's make an assumption, one proxy bid was $18K, second $19K, and third $20K. (shrug)