• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I haven't had a chance to scan it yet,

This is from the Comiclink web site from whence it was purchased - opps, cats out of the bag doh!

Nice books being snagged by board members :golfclap: .

I have a follow-up on the 5.0 CR I purchased off ebay, albeit for the record price I believe.

I resubmitted it to see if it would get a grade or PQ bump, and it managed to get the later.

A little dissapointed it didn't get the .5 grade boost I expected, but as we all know, that's the game.

I'm still happy with the CR/OW bump.

I know a few folks saw the book in the old style slab,

here's the book in a fresh new slab.

(tsk)

You are supposed to PRESS it first and then resub if you want a grade boost.

Fricking noobs. doh!

:jokealert:

Just kidding. Looks better than the last couple of 5.0s I owned from the front. :foryou:

Are there stains or other damage on the back that caused the downgrade?

Edited by kimik

Ok, don't hold back, I can take it - my skins tough. :eek:

Seriously, I looked at the book over and over and the wrinkles were so minimal I decided to just leave it be and go au-naturale. I've been moving away from pressing everything in sight to squeeze every ounce out of the grades.

Besides, if I decide to sell it I can say -possible 5.5 with a press :idea:

[ Are there stains or other damage on the back that caused the downgrade?

To be clear, there was no downgrade, the 6.0 is another book I purchased after I got the 5.0 :gossip:

To be clear, there was no downgrade, the 6.0 is another book I purchased after I got the 5.0 :gossip:

I was referring to the 5.0. It looks way better than the last couple I had (thank you gift grades!).

Ok, don't hold back, I can take it - my skins tough. :eek:

Seriously, I looked at the book over and over and the wrinkles were so minimal I decided to just leave it be and go au-naturale. I've been moving away from pressing everything in sight to squeeze every ounce out of the grades.

Besides, if I decide to sell it I can say -possible 5.5 with a press :idea:

I would press it and see if you could squeeze it to a 6.0 and pocket a bigger return.......... :baiting:

Maybe it's like you say, a pressing would have made the difference, but I don't see anything major on back. Granted, I only got it back Wednesday, so I haven't studied it that close since then.

I would press it and see if you could squeeze it to a 6.0 and pocket a bigger return.......... :baiting:

I don't know if there's that much left in it to get a full grade-point bump with a press hm

I don't know if there's that much left in it to get a full grade-point bump with a press hm

It is worth a shot. I once had a 6.5/7.0 go to a 9.0................

What are you trying to do, corner the market?

(tsk)

I can confirm I sold that copy that year...I am not the seller now, the buyer of the book is (the seller is the person I sold the copy too) (thumbs u

Why did you sell it to someone who didn't treasure it enough to keep it more than a year?

:eek:

you would have to ask the buyer...when he bought it (at a great price I must ad), he more than indicated that this was his "grail"... however, to be honest, once I sell a comic that I bought specifically for resale, it is really none of my business what the owner does with it... I think I have sold over 20 copies of SC22 in the past 3 years and I would bet that outside of the 9.0 and maybe one or 2 others, all have been flipped at some point

Well Rick there's one certain 4.5 ow/w that will never be flipped. :cloud9:

you were one of the few I was thinking of (thumbs u

And I still have a my 4.0... Thanks Rick... lol

I can confirm I sold that copy that year...I am not the seller now, the buyer of the book is (the seller is the person I sold the copy too) (thumbs u

Why did you sell it to someone who didn't treasure it enough to keep it more than a year?

:eek:

you would have to ask the buyer...when he bought it (at a great price I must ad), he more than indicated that this was his "grail"... however, to be honest, once I sell a comic that I bought specifically for resale, it is really none of my business what the owner does with it... I think I have sold over 20 copies of SC22 in the past 3 years and I would bet that outside of the 9.0 and maybe one or 2 others, all have been flipped at some point

Well Rick there's one certain 4.5 ow/w that will never be flipped. :cloud9:

you were one of the few I was thinking of (thumbs u

(worship)

And I still have a my 4.0... Thanks Rick... lol