• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

congrats! I think you will be fine, unless a couple 9.2s or a 9.4 show up. As for the movie? Sure looks like it could be really big!

But, I was also gung ho for Watchmen based on trailers and stuff Id seen before it opened. There's a solid chance that Warners still doesnt GET how to do a modern super hero movie besides Batman. Marvel obviously does... and the rolling out of their film slate feels very much like the early Marvel Age rollout of comics and characters... Layer upon layer building up.

However, I know you didnt buy this book because of a movie. Its a great book, scarce in HG super DC key --- and you will be fine, IMO

Thanks aman,

I posted the book because many HG collectors keep silent, aren't on the Boards, speculators, investors, etc, non comic fans if you will.

Here's to the Boards and GL fans everywhere. (thumbs u

Here, here. Glad the book is in the hands of a true fan! Congratulations on a fantastic purchase!

Here's a White pager. (thumbs u

DC-260-75B0C21198.jpg

Beautiful copy. Love those White pages. Nice centering. :takeit:

I ALL-most owned this copy. Rich "slept" on my offer (over a year ago) and made the "right" decision. :makepoint:

Here's a White pager. (thumbs u

DC-260-75B0C21198.jpg

Beautiful copy. Love those White pages. Nice centering. :takeit:

I ALL-most owned this copy. Rich "slept" on my offer (over a year ago) and made the "right" decision. :makepoint:

Brannon mention if there was a WP SC22 and the rest is history...I joined the Club. To you Brannon. :foryou:

Here you go....you can judge it for yourself. (thumbs u

SHOWCASE85RR.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss322/richla73/SHOWCASE85RR.jpg

This book could fetch a 9.0 if re graded. Nicest 8.5 out there. :applause:

doh! Wow, should have looked into that, never though of it

Congrats Joe on a monster sale. What a week for SC22. :applause:

Neither my book nor the 9.0 are upgradeable, they are what they are, hard to find books in relatively high grade.

All the hoopla has bought out a load of issues, but still only 7 books in 8.5 and above. A load of them are not going anywhere.

Obviously for me the price was worth it given what I paid and What I thought of the quality of my copy

So congrats to the new owner, enjoy.

Wow, went away with work for a couple of days and I missed out the most action this thread has seen in months! lol

Congrats on the great purchase, peewee22! (worship)

WRT a potential 9.2, the old Clink 9.0 has a definite shot at it with a pancaking. (thumbs u