• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

On another note. As some have already noticed, Warner Brothers has been doing a lot of promotion and advertisement for the GL movie. Let's hope this pans out. :headbang:

I don't know if that will help. The articles I have read that mention their marketing strategy include the worst disatrous and mistake filled. lol

On another note. As some have already noticed, Warner Brothers has been doing a lot of promotion and advertisement for the GL movie. Let's hope this pans out. :headbang:

I don't know if that will help. The articles I have read that mention their marketing strategy include the worst disatrous and mistake filled. lol

Can you really go wrong with the GL guacamole and bacon sub from Subway?

Well, Warner did spent another $9 mil to improve the special effects. ;)

Can you really go wrong with the GL guacamole and bacon sub from Subway?

lol

Anybody going to do a before and after movie sales price check?

We hear so much about movie hype. Why don`t we look at what are the average prices are for Showcase 22 now before the GL movie debut then go look at the prices a month or two from now. I like to see if the GL movie has any affect on the Showcase 22 prices.

I want to see if this so called movie hype has any bearing on comic prices for the keys. hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

We hear so much about movie hype. Why don`t we look at what are the average prices are for Showcase 22 now before the GL movie debut then go look at the prices a month or two from now. I like to see if the GL movie has any affect on the Showcase 22 prices.

I want to see if this so called movie hype has any bearing on comic prices for the keys. hm

Actually, it's costing me about $51,080 for a theatre stub to see it... lol

That's some serious bread. :roflmao:

Did they throw in a private "screening" with Blake Lively at that price? lol

Did they throw in a private "screening" with Blake Lively at that price? lol

Oh...I'm going to see it at least three times. lol

I plan to see it 3 times, each time with a different perspective.

The 1st time in 2 D, the 2nd time in 3D and the 3rd time wasted lol

lol Let's keep count to see who watches it the most in the SC22 club...only at the big screen counts. ;)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Well guys.... sorry to say that I'm out of the club. Some of you know I picked up a copy of book signed by Tolkien from his personal library and I had to do some emergency fundraising.

On the other hand, that means my SA restored 1.0 copy sold for $400 (on ComicConnect) which is good news for those of you owners in the low grade market!-)

Well guys.... sorry to say that I'm out of the club. Some of you know I picked up a copy of book signed by Tolkien from his personal library and I had to do some emergency fundraising.

On the other hand, that means my SA restored 1.0 copy sold for $400 (on ComicConnect) which is good news for those of you owners in the low grade market!-)

A blue 1.0 recently sold for $410.00, so that's a very strong price for a SA 1.0 restored. :applause:

I guess that 6.0 for $4500 that didn't sell on ebay, had a chilling effect on prices.

Cooled off until the movie either delivers or damages value I suppose.

The record price so far for a 6.0 is $4500...so it's just not ready for the next level yet. I would hold and wait for a breakout. 2c

I guess that 6.0 for $4500 that didn't sell on ebay, had a chilling effect on prices.

The record price so far for a 6.0 is $4500...so it's just not ready for the next level yet. I would hold and wait for a breakout. 2c

If SC #22 follows suit with the other SA keys, then a pullback should happen after the movie is released. The time to buy will be later this year, or even next year, as the collectors and speculators move onto the next book (B&B #28 has sort of calmed down, but it looks like SC #4 is where the speculative money is heading to now ).

In any case, I am waiting a bit longer to rejoin the club. (thumbs u

A blue 1.0 recently sold for $410.00, so that's a very strong price for a SA 1.0 restored. :applause:

I was lucky on it--no doubt. The FC presented nicely though and that helped. It was the back cover that really dragged the grade down. Still, happy to have broken even on it (after fees and whatnot).

Now... if only to find a way to pay the rest of the balance off on that signed book! lol

If SC #22 follows suit with the other SA keys, then a pullback should happen after the movie is released. The time to buy will be later this year, or even next year, as the collectors and speculators move onto the next book (B&B #28 has sort of calmed down, but it looks like SC #4 is where the speculative money is heading to now ).

In any case, I am waiting a bit longer to rejoin the club. (thumbs u

Speaking of BB28, is it the 4th appearance of Hal Jordan after SC24 or does he appear elsewhere before then?