• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

The Incredible book JUST arrived! :cloud9:

My son Bryan is holding it.

That is truly an incredible book. I do hope it is a keeper. You seem like a genuine collector that loves your books. Stay that way. Keep it real.

Congrats again !

That is truly an incredible book. I do hope it is a keeper. You seem like a genuine collector that loves your books. Stay that way. Keep it real.

Congrats again !

It's a keeper Bob. Most speculators would not even show this book on the Boards. This is for all the 22ers on the Boards!! My son is holding it and will be the next owner one day.

Thanks to all! (thumbs u

Wow, just awesome!

Thanks for sharing with your 22 club brethren :applause:

p.s your son has some big hands!

I wouldn't try to take it from him lol

Congrats again !

It's a keeper Bob. Most speculators would not even show this book on the Boards. This is for all the 22ers on the Boards!! My son is holding it and will be the next owner one day.

Thanks to all! (thumbs u

Very nice book, congrats.

:applause:

Here's a positive spin on the GL movie from Ain't it Cool

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50056

That was a terrible write up. The guy uses the F word in every other sentence.

He gets into his own personal problems. I think he liked it because he wanted to like it. This review doesn't make me want to go see it ?!?

Now that this film is officially a flop, I wonder what the impact will be on this book?

The movie ain't out a day and you ordain it a flop. Man, there sure are a lot of optimists here :P

Now that this film is officially a flop, I wonder what the impact will be on this book?

The movie ain't out a day and you ordain it a flop. Man, there sure are a lot of optimists here :P

22 on rotten tomatoes, 40 on metacritic. it's a critical flop. based on midnight screenings, the estimates for opening weekend domestic are $55-60mm. as the noted sage JC stated many years ago, a studio can buy a big opening weekend by flooding the market with advertising. horrible word of mouth will result in domestic BO dropping like a stone. the thing reportedly cost $300mm for production and advertising. Int'l BO will have to be $400mm+ for the movie to break even. i don't think anyone's going out on a limb to call it a flop.

Edited by paperheart

22 on rotten tomatoes, 40 on metacritic. it's a critical flop. based on midnight screenings, the estimates for opening weekend domestic are $55-60mm. as the noted sage JC stated many years ago, a studio can buy a big opening weekend by flooding the market with advertising. horrible word of mouth will result in domestic BO dropping like a stone. the thing reportedly cost $300mm for production and advertising. Int'l BO will have to be $400mm+ for the movie to break even. i don't think anyone's going out on a limb to call it a flop.

Wait until the final tally before declaring it a flop. Look at the Hangover 2, as an example. It has a low Tomatoes score, but last time I checked it is outdoing Thor and X-Men 1st Class by a long shot.

Wait until the final tally before declaring it a flop. Look at the Hangover 2, as an example. It has a low Tomatoes score, but last time I checked it is outdoing Thor and X-Men 1st Class by a long shot.

I bet Green Lantern will do bigger box office than both Thor and X-men First Class each did.

Like I said in another thread, there are a lot of haters for this Green Lantern picture and I don`t know why? hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

it will be interesting for sure to see the final result in a few months.

As much love and good reviews for Thor had from the start, some thought the movie might not crack $150 mill domestically so I am pleased to see the movie is close to $175 mill in the US and close to $435 mill worldwide.

I bet Green Lantern will do bigger box office than both Thor and X-men First Class each did.

Like I said in another thread, there are a lot of haters for this Green Lantern picture and I don`t know why? hm

Marvel zombies, they're green with envy lol

maybe because according to 3/4's of the professional movie reviewers, they made a pile of poo

maybe because according to 3/4's of the professional movie reviewers, they made a pile of poo

I am off to see it now. :wishluck:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur