• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

boy seeing all this SHOWCASE 22 enthusiasm is making me wish I went after the 9.2 last year! THIS and the movie hype, that is.

You should've. It went for quite cheap, to a boardie. :applause:

I pulled this form the early days of this thread.

Is there a 9.2 currently out there? (shrug)

Zero as oakman29 said. maybe he refered to ta green lantern 1 cgc 9.2?

The other 9.0 copy has a great shot at 9.2 if the owner were to press it, and I believe Rick/Gator or Roy/vintagecomics said they know of another copy that has 9.2 (or maybe better) potential.

Personally, I think it is only a matter of time for a 9.4 copy to show up. There are still a lot of old school collectors that have not liquidated their collections yet...............

The 9.0 my dad has will not be pressed, but he / I believes that it can be upgraded to a 9.2, I don't know if your talking about his copy kimik, its the one that shows the white overlap
Which copy does peewee have? I know my raw copy was pressed and I believe it is in a 9.0 holder but not 100% sure without seeing. Also, I have a friend that most definitely has a raw 9.2/9.4. It is just about perfect, though I have only seen it through a fortress

The 9.0 my dad has will not be pressed, but he / I believes that it can be upgraded to a 9.2, I don't know if your talking about his copy kimik, its the one that shows the white overlap
Which copy does peewee have? I know my raw copy was pressed and I believe it is in a 9.0 holder but not 100% sure without seeing. Also, I have a friend that most definitely has a raw 9.2/9.4. It is just about perfect, though I have only seen it through a fortress

Is it already pressed? (shrug)

116540.jpg.8091f944f7a83be0375d013347b7ceb2.jpg

Which copy does peewee have? I know my raw copy was pressed and I believe it is in a 9.0 holder but not 100% sure without seeing. Also, I have a friend that hmmost definitely has a raw 9.2/9.4. It is just about perfect, though I have only seen it through a fortress

Gator, so there are three 9.0s...Comiclink copy which sold in 2006, Gary Keller copy, and Peewee's copy. If you can confirm it's received a 9.0 grade, then it's highly likely Peewee's copy. I did remember in the 1990's a high grade SC22 sold by Pacifice Comics Exchange in a fortress holder...still no 9.2. hm

The other 9.0 copy has a great shot at 9.2 if the owner were to press it, and I believe Rick/Gator or Roy/vintagecomics said they know of another copy that has 9.2 (or maybe better) potential.

Personally, I think it is only a matter of time for a 9.4 copy to show up. There are still a lot of old school collectors that have not liquidated their collections yet...............

SC22 has been such a difficult book in 7.5+...and a 9.2 is definately a possibility...but a 9.4 will be once in a blue moon. Now...open the floodgate...

SC22 has been such a difficult book in 7.5+...and a 9.2 is definately a possibility...but a 9.4 will be once in a blue moon. Now...open the floodgate...

See Rick's post as an example of one with 9.4 potential. I believe there will be more 9.4+ copies out there sitting in collections that have yet to come to light. There are plenty of old school collectors that are still holding onto their books.

BTW, does anyone know if Bangzoom's collection extends into the SA? If yes, I wonder if he has a HG copy. hm

FWIW, the old Clink copy, which is in good hands, is the best of the 9.0s based on the auction scans.

Edited by kimik

Welcome to the club and Welcome to the Boards! This is a great place for your first post.

You may want to drop into comics general and post a little about yourself.

I'm happy to join the club with my very modest copy. I've had it for 20 years and just may keep it for 20 more. Sun-faded (I think it may have been displayed in a window at some time), I wish it had more eye appeal but I got it for a song then, from the coin shop with a few comics on the wall.

Scan0001.jpg

Heck of a book! :applause: Welcome to the Boards.