• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

How close was the movie to the actual comics? I never got to read most of the original issues from any titles, besides ASM. I liked the Green Lantern movie but I'm sure a lot of the reaction is based on individual actors and not the story line or facts.

Example, when I watched the SM movies I hated the actor choice for Mary Jane. She is nothing like the comic version, so it diminished the movies for original comic collectors.

comics are comics. movies are movies. different media and experiences. The movie got a lot right but it didn't add up to anything special. It didn't move you. Its not fair to co,pare a 10 page comic book story from 50 years ago to a film released today. We all bring so much more dramatic experience from TV, bilks, comics and movies that a film can't afford to have you questioning plot developments. Takes you out of the ride.

GL did that for most people. Just didn't keep them in their seats (minds).

My ticket to the club! It may be a very low grade book, but I think it presents better than 1.0 IMO and has off-white pages, regardless I'm just happy to own a copy of this great book :cloud9:

scan0001-2.jpg

My ticket to the club! It may be a very low grade book, but I think it presents better than 1.0 IMO and has off-white pages, regardless I'm just happy to own a copy of this great book :cloud9:

scan0001-2.jpg

Any copy is a sweet copy! :applause:

Thank you guys!
It has Off White pages,you know how hard it is to get OW pages on this book? I think there is only 10-12 total in any grade,the showcase master may enlighten us as to the total count but it's low for sure.

Thank you guys!
It has Off White pages,you know how hard it is to get OW pages on this book? I think there is only 10-12 total in any grade,the showcase master may enlighten us as to the total count but it's low for sure.

I did not know that. It makes me feel even better now jumping on this copy :grin:

Thank you guys!

I did not know that. It makes me feel even better now jumping on this copy :grin:

Oh yeah Cream to off white is the norm for this book.