• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Nice,did you buy this from a board member? Since I'm pretty sure there are only two 4.5s with off white/white pages,and I have the other one.

Well then I am in great company! Actually bought it raw from Harley. Truth be told I bought a lower grade one (probably around a 3.0) from him on time payments and when time came to ship he couldn't locate it so he found me an upgrade for no additional cost.

Frustrating at first but Harley made it right and it turned out better than I could have hoped.

Wow! Very nice. :applause: So there are 3 ow/w 4.5's (worship)

Harley is a good dude,awesome pick up. :applause:

I was about to PM you and be like :o you sold yours :o

We have lovely triplets :)

Nice,did you buy this from a board member? Since I'm pretty sure there are only two 4.5s with off white/white pages,and I have the other one.

Well then I am in great company! Actually bought it raw from Harley. Truth be told I bought a lower grade one (probably around a 3.0) from him on time payments and when time came to ship he couldn't locate it so he found me an upgrade for no additional cost.

Frustrating at first but Harley made it right and it turned out better than I could have hoped.

I was going to do the same thing to you. lol I would never sell mine. ;)

I was going to do the same thing to you. lol I would never sell mine. ;)

Only 1 book would get me to move mine...and don't see that happening now since the only 2 copies in my bracket are both sold.

We should have a 4.5 ow/w party and line the books all up nice and purdy!

I'd always sell upon finding a suitable upgrade.....other than that....mine is on lockdown as well. :cloud9:

I'm not worried about upgrading,just owning a major key is good enough for me.I always buy the best I can get from the get go,so I don't have to upgrade.

I'd always sell upon finding a suitable upgrade.....other than that....mine is on lockdown as well. :cloud9:

I'm not worried about upgrading,just owning a major key is good enough for me.I always buy the best I can get from the get go,so I don't have to upgrade.

There are enough keys that I don't own that upgrading is low on my want list. I would rather save for my next key (FF#1)

There are enough keys that I don't own that upgrading is low on my want list. I would rather save for my next key (FF#1)

(thumbs u

I finally get to join a club! Big thanks to Greg Reece on this one, I had planned on getting this book for a while but I hate Cream pages, thankfully I finally found one that fit my price range and standards.

CCF04302013_0015_zps9e0f1a47.jpg

There are four 4.5's with Off white or better pages? Well hello brother,congrats on your acquisition.OW/W is pretty tough to find with this book. :applause:

I still remember the good old days of 2010-2011 when this was THE book to have when it came to Silver-Age DC. Buying a OW 1.0 copy in 2011 is actually what got me back into comics, so this club holds a special place in my heart.

I still remember the good old days of 2010-2011 when this was THE book to have when it came to Silver-Age DC. Buying a OW 1.0 copy in 2011 is actually what got me back into comics, so this club holds a special place in my heart.

I remember that 1.0 raw. I think you are more into GA now?

I finally get to join a club! Big thanks to Greg Reece on this one, I had planned on getting this book for a while but I hate Cream pages, thankfully I finally found one that fit my price range and standards.

There are four 4.5's with Off white or better pages? Well hello brother,congrats on your acquisition.OW/W is pretty tough to find with this book. :applause:

This is a great time to own this book. The top 3 DC SA key book. Congrats! :applause:

This is a great time to own this book. The top 3 DC SA key book. Congrats! :applause:

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out my next move, either a Showcase 4 of ASM 1.

Your welcome! I go for a Showcase 4 since ASM 1 in all ranges can be found anytime of the day. :gossip:

Your welcome! I go for a Showcase 4 since ASM 1 in all ranges can be found anytime of the day. :gossip:

+1. And FTR ASM 1 or AF 15 is at the peak of pricing, whereas all the DCs have been severely undervalued up to the present time. That's going to start to change big time shortly IMO, and when that does happen you'll have missed the lower prices of right now. In fact there have already been trends suggesting that boat is about to or has already set sail.

+1. And FTR ASM 1 or AF 15 is at the peak of pricing, whereas all the DCs have been severely undervalued up to the present time. That's going to start to change big time shortly IMO, and when that does happen you'll have missed the lower prices of right now. In fact there have already been trends suggesting that boat is about to or has already set sail.

AMS1's and AF15's has been trending up lately...and are blue chips for the long term. Though there may be a pause or a pullback, hindsight suggest a buying opportunity. The greatest pullback for AF15's were in 2008 and prices in all grades on average are up 50%+ from the interim low.