• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

They do. And those that have the eye to spot the candidates are rewarded by significant grade-bumps. That was a good book to begin with, apparently just needed a little nudge toward greatness. Nice!

That lot # has $8,962.50 listed as the final price. That of course includes the buyer's premium. To me if I were to consider that a FMV (in spite of the fact that the buyer bid a lower amt. and the premium was included), any logical person would be factoring that in. That's just a bit shy of the prior $9000 low in 2012 for a 7.5. It also comes on the heels of a soft GL movie and a summer that's practically melted away any sizeable gains.

So all in all it ain't bad. Only a few of these gems get sold each year and are recorded on the GPA. There were only 2 in 2012 and 1 for each prior year recorded. NOT ALOT TO GO ON. It's easy to perceive the prices as diving into the depths or soaring into the stratosphere with such little data.

I can imagine someone having one of these and just needing some quick capital....then sells it for a song.....makes the whole market appear screwy.

Conversely, if someone is desperate to get their hands on one, and one comes up for sale....people can get into a bidding war.

All in all, this wasn't as soft a sale as I expected. It's a sign that it's holding steady in spite of what's transpired recently in the market. I think that we're going to see a steady climb back to the price points in 2010 on this grade and we'll see where it goes from there when GL hits the big screen again.

To me, that's a disappointing price. I expected it to hover past 10k. I wish I would have bid now. :(

I bet that TAX can back off some bidders or at least another BP to factor in if you bid.

Edited by showcase22gr1959