• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

There's still 6 days left to bid, and most will come the last few minutes.

I don't think it going to bomb. And books generally go up and they go down.

It's the natural order of things. And just wait till the next film is announced.

Either way it is the 1st app. of a very popular character with not that many copies out there compared to their later counterparts from the early 60's.

The character is awesome with tons of potential that needs a better approach than the tanked movie and cheap animated series.

It is a book that will certainly rise again in value once the Justice League franchise gets on its way. At that point however, higher grade copies will be unavailable again. Since WB has decided to try to do this right, it is all a matter of time. If you are looking for a long time investment, now is probably the time to buy this book cheap in higher grades. If you're looking for a fast flip, this is probably a bad choice to make at this time.

Either way it is the 1st app. of a very popular character with not that many copies out there compared to their later counterparts from the early 60's.

The character is awesome with tons of potential that needs a better approach than the tanked movie and cheap animated series.

It is a book that will certainly rise again in value once the Justice League franchise gets on its way. At that point however, higher grade copies will be unavailable again. Since WB has decided to try to do this right, it is all a matter of time. If you are looking for a long time investment, now is probably the time to buy this book cheap in higher grades. If you're looking for a fast flip, this is probably a bad choice to make at this time.

Agreed - good time to buy if you're a collector and have been looking for awhile or waiting for the market to cool down. This is a blue-chip DC key which will hold its value over the long run.

Bad time to buy for short-term speculators.

Agreed! This book is one of my grails,being a huge Hal Jordan/GL fan.I don't really care if it goes up or down,though I sure do hope it retains it's value.I'm just,for the most part happy that I own one. :cloud9:

I don't think this book is in a slump - i think it corrected a bit like can happen to any book. It's among the rarest of the rare, coolest characters, etc.......I'm not worried about long-term success of SC22

For crying out loud: It's Hal Jordan.....Green Lantern. Nuff said! Nothing can keep it down forever...not even Ryan Reynolds that appears to be toxic when it comes to blockbuster movies that don't revolve around teenage shenanigans or sappy lovestories.

Just look at how R.I.P.D. is fairing and that animated flick Turbo. Reynolds does appear to be the kiss of death recently.

I'm even more hopeful now than ever they reboot the GL character for the JLA movie. If they can do it with Batman, they can do it with the Lantern.