• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Can you remove pieces easily? If yes, it might be worth it to buy a restored copy like that for cheap, remove the work, and sell it for a tidy profit as unrestored?

That only works if you get the book at a good price. Many people now understand the relationship between restored and unrestored and usually a restored books sells for what it would grade out at minus the resto. This is the reason that SP books sell for much more than an MP book or an EP in the same grade. The source material is much higher grade.

It will be interesting to see if this copy turns up fast on eBay via roboj or someone else as a deslabbed HG SC #22 without the trimming being noted.

Edited by kimik

It will be interesting to see if this copy turns up fast on eBay via roboj or someone else as a deslabbed HG SC #22 without the trimming being noted.
hm

Not a surprise since SC #22 is a far cooler book. :devil:

:slapfight:

Also, first Green Lanter movie...so no surprise.

I am a big Green Lantern fan but geek forbid if the movie bombs or is mediocre next year? you never know as I remember when Daredevil and Ghost Rider were red hot!

any thoughts?

I am a big Green Lantern fan but geek forbid if the movie bombs or is mediocre next year? you never know as I remember when Daredevil and Ghost Rider were red hot!

any thoughts?

Green Lantern is in the unknown zone. Yes, he's been red hot and let's hope the movie does well.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

any thoughts?

It won't bomb.

Ryan Reynolds is great and he's no dummy to take on a dumbarse flick.

I think that the era of halfarsed Superhero movies is drawing to an end as Hollywood sees how much attention a well made movie will draw.

any thoughts?

It won't bomb.

I think that the era of halfarsed Superhero movies is drawing to an end as Hollywood sees how much attention a well made movie will draw.

I agree with you Roy. Comic based movies are a great package since they come with some degree of market acceptance and fanbase built in, have a storyline that most people are/can readily be familiar with (see Watchmen tpb sales as an example of how fast people can jump in), and there are mutilple additional channels to profit from (toys, cards, clothing, cartoons, etc.). This is why Disney bought Marvel, IMHO, since Spidey, Wolverine, the X-men, etc. have replaced Mickey, Donald and Goofy with today's children. (thumbs u

On the other hand, Warner did produce Superman Returns recently. :sick:

any thoughts?

It won't bomb.

I agree with you Roy. Comic based movies are a great package since they come with some degree of market acceptance and fanbase built in, have a storyline that most people are/can readily be familiar with (see Watchmen tpb sales as an example of how fast people can jump in), and there are mutilple additional channels to profit from (toys, cards, clothing, cartoons, etc.). This is why Disney bought Marvel, IMHO, since Spidey, Wolverine, the X-men, etc. have replaced Mickey, Donald and Goofy with today's children. (thumbs u

On the other hand, Warner did produce Superman Returns recently. :sick:

I guess DC/Warner agrees with Roy.

Warner has gigantic plans for the DC superheroes, a superhero movie event every summer to replace Harry Potter movies

Warner to replace Harry Potter void with DC Superheroes.

It's just common sense.

It's the evolution of the comic.

I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing continuing story lines much in the same way Lord Of The Rings was done, only ongoing.

(thumbs u

Excellent. Please let them do Kingdom Come with Peter Jackson at the helm since the battle scene at the end would match what he had to do with LOTR's big fight scenes.