• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

anyone that buys raw without being able to inspect deserves whatever they receive (thumbs u

I heard that.

I inspected the scans very closely for days (off and on). The BC crease was EX-tra long and not to mention the 2 lower right creases that broke color on the FC. To me, the book looked "wavy" (ie, not flat) on the splash page scan. As kimik mentions, the stain and rusty staple should have sounded a smoke alarm to any potential bidder. I emailed the seller (twice) and never got a response. The PQ, however, is very nice.

Overall, a very risky book. hm

anyone that buys raw without being able to inspect deserves whatever they receive (thumbs u

I heard that.

I inspected the scans very closely for days (off and on). The BC crease was EX-tra long and not to mention the 2 lower right creases that broke color on the FC. To me, the book looked "wavy" (ie, not flat) on the splash page scan. As kimik mentions, the stain and rusty staple should have sounded a smoke alarm to any potential bidder. I emailed the seller (twice) and never got a response. The PQ, however, is very nice.

Overall, a very risky book. hm

People love to gamble. Ouch...that rusted staple. doh! Anyone recall a raw 6 ish that sold on Ebay a few months ago for almost $5K. hm

True, I never buy raw without returns excepted.

However the blade can cut both ways, as once I bought a very scarce GA book, raw off ebay,

and it wound up being the highest graded copy!

This is my CGC 5.5 first time scanned.

DC-260-75B0C21657.jpg

Gorgeous....looks much better than the assigned grade given IMO... (shrug)

:hi:

Hope you will find a nice copy with nice PQ soon. :hi:

lol

Wow, I had it pegged for a 4.5-5.0 doh!

I guess that's why I mostly buy graded books :blush:

I have a 4.0 copy and I still think this one presents a little nicer. I think bidders were hoping to get a 6.0 or possibly a 6.5 out of it based on the front cover alone, definitely not worth the price tag it got. Still looks pretty though, IMO. (shrug)

Edited by Twistty1

DC-260-75B0C21657.jpg

lol

lollol

Yeah, and it's got to be cheaper than the other one...(says the boss) if there is a such thing as a cheap 22 nowadays...

DC-260-75B0C21657.jpg

lol

lollol

Yeah, and it's got to be cheaper than the other one...(says the boss) if there is a such thing as a cheap 22 nowadays...

lol:roflmao:

Here's my group shot of my four SC22 horse men.

CIMG3452-Copy.jpg

Excellent specimens of this book. It looks like the 6.0 has White pages ?!?

If so, the 6.0 would have my vote for the keeper of the group. Very rare.