• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Same book guys. I have a X-large monitor and note the white stress line above the "e and s" in "presents". Kinda like a fingerprint as someone mentioned before.

I agree...FWIW I believe it's the same book. That's quite a bump up! Has anyone wagered as to where it'll end up? I'm guessing somewhere in the $200k range??

no way on this earth.

Same book guys. I have a X-large monitor and note the white stress line above the "e and s" in "presents". Kinda like a fingerprint as someone mentioned before.

I agree...FWIW I believe it's the same book. That's quite a bump up! Has anyone wagered as to where it'll end up? I'm guessing somewhere in the $200k range??

no way on this earth.

I can't see it going for that either,would it break the 100K-125K mark?

Since we are all kinda used to this kind of thing, and books getting improved are commonplace, maybe it's time to begin focussing not on the grade of the book, but rather the craftsmanship of the man responsible! It's all we have left of our once innocent hobby.

Anyone ready to take a bow for the upgrade?

Kinda glad I sold my 9.0 and kept my 6.0... hm

sux, I was so fascinated and hopeful it wasn't an upgrade copy. :P

Edited by showcase22gr1959

no way on this earth.

I can't see it going for that either,would it break the 100K-125K mark?

Anyone paying this money, they can have it.

Since we are all kinda used to this kind of thing, and books getting improved are commonplace, maybe it's time to begin focussing not on the grade of the book, but rather the craftsmanship of the man responsible! It's all we have left of our once innocent hobby.

I've been awaiting for aman619 to comment. He's the only person who thought a higher grade 22 would eventually surface...I can't tell you what page of this thread he said it... lol

As I recall, the last 9.0 sold for about $45K and the Keller before that around that too.

i can't see this IHOP special hitting $75k but i'm sure i'll be proven wrong

You could be right, but it's going to be one helluva party for the seller.

This may turn out to be a less than successful upgrade. I mean that in general, S22 is already weakening in price after the huge movie run up... Plus, this copy may pick up the stank of a public upgrade such that the buyers primed to pony up for a true new 9.2 copy will pass on it, or , at least not pay nearly what they MIGHT have paid for the clean 9.2 they have been waiting for.

We have seen this effect play out for other books the Boards have outed as embarrassingly obvious upgrades.

And I don't remember predicting a 9.2... But sure, don't we all know how this is all playing out by now?

As I recall, the last 9.0 sold for about $45K and the Keller before that around that too.

How much did this sell for as an 8.5? You're right, still plenty of jack for the seller with a two grade upgrade..

I'd rather focus on the fact that CGC really thinks that book is a 9.2, if a book with a corner crease like that (the rest of the book doesn't look perfect either) can get a 9.2 now then people better start revving up their re-submissions. Like you say we're all used to the upgrade thing at this point.

How much did this sell for as an 8.5? You're right, still plenty of jack for the seller with a two grade upgrade..

It was a trade/cash deal I want to say that Roulette44 said 20k or so a few pages back.

I'd rather focus on the fact that CGC really thinks that book is a 9.2, if a book with a corner crease like that (the rest of the book doesn't look perfect either) can get a 9.2 now then people better start revving up their re-submissions. Like you say we're all used to the upgrade thing at this point.

That is the real issue. That book should not be sitting in a 9.2 slab with that URC.

Kinda glad I sold my 9.0 and kept my 6.0... hm

Safe in the sixes :headbang: that's where I like to be.

yeah, a $40k windfall for a $10 ironing job

Exactly. Looks like the grading is weak again this summer just like the last few years. If this book is any indication, now is the time to start submitting books en masse!

Based on the gift grade for this book and the scans of the old 9.0s, there is a potential 9.4 out there that has not been pressed yet if all things are equal.

I'm still leaning on the credit here goes to the workmanship.

CGC is grading the same as it ever was. They grade the book in front of them. This book was improved and is a high 9.0 or low 9.2 Nice enough to have factored in the upper right corner.