• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I'm guessing without that corner wear, possibly 9.4...need to check a better scan. :hi:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Does the PQ affect the grade at that point? CR-OW is not as sweet as the rest of the grade...

Does the PQ affect the grade at that point? CR-OW is not as sweet as the rest of the grade...

Obviously OW and better is prefer, but CR-OW is acceptable since that is the average PQ for SC22. Now, if this copy in 9.2 has white pages....rocketblast to the moon.

Obviously OW and better is prefer, but CR-OW is acceptable since that is the average PQ for SC22. Now, if this copy in 9.2 has white pages....rocketblast to the moon.

good to know, I was wondering if Cream-ish covers were the norm... if only that were part of the census info (and not just available via the direct book ID lookup).

I'm guessing without that corner wear, possibly 9.4...need to check a better scan. :hi:

This book was just graded last week, 7/27. I hope CGC is not in another soft period because this book does not look 9.2. That upper right corner alone should limit it to 8.5.

As far as eye appeal goes it is only mediocre. It is way off center, there's a mark in the big, white letter 'A'. Whether average for this book or not, CR/OW is not appealing to many collectors. I feel sorry for anybody with a nice 9.0. This 9.2 is not worthy of the best copy in the world status.

This book was just graded last week, 7/27. I hope CGC is not in another soft period because this book does not look 9.2. That upper right corner alone should limit it to 8.5.

As far as eye appeal goes it is only mediocre. It is way off center, there's a mark in the big, white letter 'A'. Whether average for this book or not, CR/OW is not appealing to many collectors. I feel sorry for anybody with a nice 9.0. This 9.2 is not worthy of the best copy in the world status.

I respect your opinion Bob, but I have to disagree partially. I have not seen the close-up scans yet. For all the 8.5+ copies, this copy has the best spine and corners (besides the top right corner)...it's a sharp copy. Less stress than the Keller or the former 9.0 sold on CL.

Whether average for this book or not, CR/OW is not appealing to many collectors.

True, but as PQ can vary from one re-submission to the next, how critical is this really, especially in the case of DC's?

I hope not too damming, as 3/4 of my collection of DC's are CR/OW :cry:

Whether average for this book or not, CR/OW is not appealing to many collectors. I feel sorry for anybody with a nice 9.0. This 9.2 is not worthy of the best copy in the world status.

True, but as PQ can vary from one re-submission to the next, how critical is this really, especially in the case of DC's?

I hope not, 3/4 of my collection of DC's are CR/OW :cry:

I admit it is difficult to find the DC keys with White pages but that is what makes the hunt fun. Personally, I will not purchase a CR/OW book. Others see the grade on the slab and chase it, I see the Page Quality. I have been slowly moving the CR/OW books out of my collection. These are books that were graded CR/OW when submitted by me as stated I don't purchase CR/OW. I am not being critical of those that like CR/OW books nor trying to convince anyone I am right. This 9.2 Showcase 22 is not appealing to me but I don't swim on that end of the pool anyway.

Whether average for this book or not, CR/OW is not appealing to many collectors.

Didn't one of your SC22 got better PQ the next time around. hm

Does that mean another 10-20 years. :insane:

Maybe....

hm Just fascinating to finally see a SC22 9.2.

This is the problem with a top census copy for any book.. There may be other copies that could grade out as being tied with the highest grade or a higher grade sometime in the future. I wouldn't pay crazy money like 2x what the 2nd highest grades copy would go for.

Does that mean another 10-20 years. :insane:

Maybe....

hm Just fascinating to finally see a SC22 9.2.

This is the problem with a top census copy for any book.. There may be other copies that could grade out as being tied with the highest grade or a higher grade sometime in the future. I wouldn't pay crazy money like 2x what the 2nd highest grades copy would go for.

That could be the case, 2x for a 9.0 is just way to much. Of course, anyone wishing to bid on any HG needs to do there homework and know there limit and the potential resale value in the future. With that type of on money on SC22 9.2, an investment has to come in some sort.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Didn't one of your SC22 got better PQ the next time around. hm

Yep. So did my AF #15 (CR/OW to OW) . . . my blathering redacted :blahblah:

But I totally understand why Bob prefers W pages, you'd be nuts not to (shrug)

:o

Its not even on the census yet...

Was this a resuscitation of one of the 9.0s?

Totally NEW copy. This is ludicrous. :ohnoez:

That looks a lot like Roulette's old 8.5