• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

What's the going rate on a 4.0 with O/W pages? 

Here is a 3.5 I don't see any 4.0's.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dshowcase%2B22%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1207164&id=1207164&itemType=0

This is the last 4.0 HA sold but has poorer PQ and has a signature on the front cover so not really a good 4.0 at all.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/showcase-22-green-lantern-dc-1959-cgc-vg-40-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/121722-14583.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by SC22

Here is a CGC 4.0 on ComicConnect. With a pending best offer of 2750$. But it is in a newer type CGC the early ones that had issues. It has that oily look. If I where to be a buyer I would have it put in a new CGC holder that does no longer has that issue.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=740385

Edited by SC22

11 hours ago, SC22 said:

Here is a CGC 4.0 on ComicConnect. With a pending best offer of 2750$. But it is in a newer type CGC the early ones that had issues. It has that oily look. If I where to be a buyer I would have it put in a new CGC holder that does no longer has that issue.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=740385

The newer cases have newton rings too, or at least the ones I’ve been getting back do... Not a fan of the forrest green version of this book. I prefer the brighter green...pops more and better represents the “Green Lantern” shade. If that makes any sense...

Edited by Callaway29

21 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComiCConnect has a 7.5 at auction

I was offered that book. Thought the seller wanted too much and passed. Going to be interesting where it ends.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

I was offered that book. Thought the seller wanted too much and passed. Going to be interesting where it ends.

Nice looking copy.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Agreed there.  Didn't even need to make the trip down to see it at the price I was quoted.

Well it's official it is a bad time of the year to sell any SA key books. The last 2 nice looking SC 6.0 went for over 8700$ and one over 9000$.

This nice 6.0 just went for 7800$ the lowest in a while.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dshowcase%2B22%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1206072&id=1206072&itemType=0

3 hours ago, SC22 said:

On 11/22/2017 at 9:34 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 11/22/2017 at 12:12 AM, SC22 said:

No, I think it will go for less. But who knows. We'll find out in about 1 week.

11 hours ago, SC22 said:

The time of year sure seems to be playing into a lot of lower prices. Same happened last year and the year before. So I get what Gator does.

On the contrary you also have lots of great sales at this time of the year because people have Christmas bonuses to spend.

But it's great that you get what GAtor does. lol

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

On the contrary you also have lots of great sales at this time of the year because people have Christmas bonuses to spend.

But it's great that you get what GAtor does. lol

How is it all SA keys are selling so low right now like they do almost every year at this time?

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

You’re going to drive yourself crazy micro-tracking prices...:insane:

No I know it is of no real value to track every sale what matters is how thing go over time every few years or so. I just like tracking some sales it gives me a chance to chat on these boards.

There is a seasonality to prices. Mid November through mid December have been a good time to buy for years now. Closer to Christmas and the first two weeks of January are good times to sell due to Christmas bonuses and cash gifts.

That being said, pricier SA keys may be plateauing for a bit after the big run ups the past couple of years. That is going to happen sooner or later. 

Edited by kimik

On 12/6/2017 at 3:17 PM, kimik said:

There is a seasonality to prices. Mid November through mid December have been a good time to buy for years now. Closer to Christmas and the first two weeks of January are good times to sell due to Christmas bonuses and cash gifts.

That being said, pricier SA keys may be plateauing for a bit after the big run ups the past couple of years. That is going to happen sooner or later. 

You should mention this in the af15 club.  Prices in the November  cl and ha auctions weren’t as strong therefore the sky is falling over there