• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, TeddieMercede said:

Since Schmell has it it will eventually sell for his price whether it takes 1 auctions or 3 auctions. 249k it is.

I'm convinced it's on consignment from Reece. If I see it a second time then I'll know it's Doug's.

Edited by Gotham Kid

47 minutes ago, TeddieMercede said:

Since Schmell has it it will eventually sell for his price whether it takes 1 auctions or 3 auctions. 249k it is.

Reserve price? That price is a bit too optimistic. Could a Showcase 4 CGC 9.2 even get that price.

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Congrats once again to Foolkiller for picking up a lovely copy. :golfclap:

Thanks.  I really preferred in terms of eye appeal the 8.5 was better than the 9.2, and, I couldn't afford the 9.2 -- but the colors were just superior to the 9.2 to me, and I really liked it quite a bit more.  

4 hours ago, Foolkiller said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Congrats once again to Foolkiller for picking up a lovely copy. :golfclap:

Thanks.  I really preferred in terms of eye appeal the 8.5 was better than the 9.2, and, I couldn't afford the 9.2 -- but the colors were just superior to the 9.2 to me, and I really liked it quite a bit more.  

Indeed. The 8.5, while inferior in numerical grade, is certainly superior in overall look.

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:
4 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

It is not on consignment.

So you're saying someone or Doug bought the SC22 9.2?

Doug just might be bidding against himself for a while on that one.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, SC22 said:

Right now there seems not to be much that is heating up in the top SA books (AF15 has had it's run up for the last year) but SC22 seems to be the exception.

huh?...virtually every silver age key has been heating up all year...many are selling for 10-30% more now than just 6 months ago (shrug)...some books (not every grade , but many) like ASM1, TOS 39, FF1, JIM 83 are approaching 50% more than similar copies sold for just last year...

about the only "dead" (as in selling for less this year than last) sa key is st110...

Edited by G.A.tor

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

huh?...virtually every silver age key has been heating up all year...many are selling for 10-30% more now than just 6 months ago (shrug)...some books (not every grade , but many) like ASM1, TOS 39, FF1, JIM 83 are approaching 50% more than similar copies sold for just last year...

about the only "dead" (as in selling for less this year than last) sa key is st110...

Good to know because I have been following certain books and it seemed like they have been selling for the same prices for the last 2 years.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:45 PM, showcase22gr1959 said:

I have to say, a lot of excitement of high grade DC's in Pedigree. Quite awesome. Here's my copy of Showcase 23, I took recently. I know some of you like pink covers. :wink:

showcase239.0.thumb.PNG.26a752462ca3e677c62c548f23e426c9.PNG

Press out those light spine creases! :)