• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

Several things to note about this copy.

1st, it looks exceptional for the grade. Eceptional copies always fetch strong numbers and at first glance this book would not look out of place in a 7.0 holder.

2nd, someone may think it's upgradeable at that price although that would depend on whether they caught the extremely small water stain on the right edge.  These are the types of copies I like to collect. High eye appeal with one defect that sends the grade down into affordable range.

3rd I might need to pull my copy off the market as it looks like it's going to be too cheap shortly. lol

43 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

1st, it looks exceptional for the grade. Exceptional copies always fetch strong numbers and at first glance this book would not look out of place in a 7.0 holder.

yup

superior page quality helped also.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Right now there seems not to be much that is heating up in the top SA books (AF15 has had it's run up for the last year) but SC22 seems to be the exception.

Edited by SC22

On 8/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, SC22 said:

Right now there seems not to be much that is heating up in the top SA books (AF15 has had it's run up for the last year) but SC22 seems to be the exception.

I can only assume the speculation of a Hal Jordan appearance in the Justice League movie has helped keep interest high. If that comes to fruition and the movie doesn't flop, then this comic might become out of reach for the budget SA collectors like myself haha glad I got mine :)

11 minutes ago, LaxThanatos said:

I can only assume the speculation of a Hal Jordan appearance in the Justice League movie has helped keep interest high. If that comes to fruition and the movie doesn't flop, then this comic might become out of reach for the budget SA collectors like myself haha glad I got mine :)

Same here glad I picked up mine!!

4 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:
33 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

What's the reserve ? $249,000 ?

Anything under $100K will be a disappointment. 250K in my opinion is way too high.  :wink:

100-130K is a realistic and even acceptable price imo. 250K like Greg Reece was asking at SDCC is at minimum laughable.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

100-130K is a realistic and even acceptable price imo. 250K like Greg Reece was asking at SDCC is at minimum laughable.

I agree. A nice 8.5 sold 60K, so a 9.0 should be around 90-110K. Maybe 120-150K for the 9.2 is realistic. hm