• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Well, this might impact the Mound City prices a bit:

Just got back to the hotel from the preview. Nice venue. Well organized. Good to see all of the regulars at the auction preview.

As far as the books go, I'll say that I don't believe that CGC graded these books accurately in at least 50% of the books. Foxing, sun shadows, humidity damage, rippling, large production/bindery tears... All in 9.2 to 9.6 books.

This is a very, very nice collection. Just not as nice as CGC graded many of them.

Brent

Since I already have two offers from two different dealers at $8500 for my Show 22 7.0, I think the 8.0 will be up near $20k.

Have we seen your 7.0 ???

I don't believe the club has ever seen Foolkiller's 7.0 off-white copy yet. It would be a pleasure to see Foolkiller's copy since it's in the 6.0 and above club (one of the few which we have not seen yet). hm

Since I already have two offers from two different dealers at $8500 for my Show 22 7.0, I think the 8.0 will be up near $20k.

I don't believe the club has ever seen Foolkiller's 7.0 off-white copy yet. It would be a pleasure to see Foolkiller's copy since it's in the 6.0 and above club (one of the few which we have not seen yet). hm

You should see his 8.0. :baiting:

Well, this might impact the Mound City prices a bit:

Just got back to the hotel from the preview. Nice venue. Well organized. Good to see all of the regulars at the auction preview.

As far as the books go, I'll say that I don't believe that CGC graded these books accurately in at least 50% of the books. Foxing, sun shadows, humidity damage, rippling, large production/bindery tears... All in 9.2 to 9.6 books.

This is a very, very nice collection. Just not as nice as CGC graded many of them.

Brent

I have seen the scans of the SC22 Mound City copy and it looks very accurate as an 8.0. But not being able to examine in person...I will just have to speculate the grading is consistent with SC22. I do agree that books in the 9.2-9.6, CGC are sometimes inconsistent. 2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Are you saying he's going for the Mound Copy or what....? :sumo:

He was making a joke -- possibly even a double entendre about the size of his wee-wee.

Here's the 7.0 o/w -- PM him if anyone is interested as it's "for sale":

showcase22cgc-2.jpg

He was making a joke -- possibly even a double entendre about the size of his wee-wee.

showcase22cgc-2.jpg

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Very nicely centered, sharp colors, and great off-white pages...no kidding why some dealers have offered $8500 for it. Also, the light stress line in Green Lantern's left arm is keeping it from being a 8.0. I value this great eye appeal off-white copy between $10k-$12k and welcome to the five figure club. :applause::headbang:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

showcase22cgc-2.jpg

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Very nicely centered, sharp colors, and great off-white pages...no kidding why some dealers have offered $8500 for it. Also, the light stress line in Green Lantern's left arm is keeping it from being a 8.0. I value this great eye appeal off-white copy between $10k-$12k and welcome to the five figure club. :applause::headbang:

Very nice. The blue gray area around GL is nice and smooth!!

:banana:

No, I thought you guys had snagged an 8.0 for some reason as well and was baiting for a scan. I stand corrected. (thumbs u