• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED. Avengers #1, #4. Cap #117, and a couple of 9.8 ASMs

41 posts in this topic

Avengers #4...CGC 9.0 cow

$4750

Avengers4vfnmcow001.jpg

Someone wanna go halves with me on this??

great book! Who gets to hold onto it Nick?

I'm thinking of rotation cycles of 4-6 mo's at a time. Adam, Nik?? Who wants to? Great books again Mike!! See you in Chicago

Avengers #1...CGC 7.0 cow SA ...Small amount of Color touch on cover.

$1250 SOLD.

Avengers1fvfR.jpg

Great price on this. I wonder how easy it would have been to remove the color touch. Seems like a great investment. I would have even been tempted and I'm not an Avengers collector.

$1250 SOLD.

Avengers1fvfR.jpg

Great price on this. I wonder how easy it would have been to remove the color touch. Seems like a great investment. I would have even been tempted and I'm not an Avengers collector.

It's amateur, so it would probably result in the loss of paper to remove it. Also, probably has bleed-through. I thought the same thing, though... Even if you lost a little paper, STILL might be worth it.

$1250 SOLD.

Avengers1fvfR.jpg

It's amateur, so it would probably result in the loss of paper to remove it. Also, probably has bleed-through. I thought the same thing, though... Even if you lost a little paper, STILL might be worth it.

It didn't bleed through, but I felt there was enough that it would have dropped the grade to a 4.5 or so - but I was also expecting a 6.5 when I sent the book in.. The bottom left corner in particular would have suffered the most. For the cost and time of professional removal, it didn't seem beneficial enough. IMO, there's nothing wrong with a book that looks that nice having a bit of CT for 1/5 the price of a universal graded 7.0.