• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction Guy Holcombe Archie #1 is off and running....

47 posts in this topic

Archie #1 is already going for $5600.00 with BP... where , oh where, will it land? Last weekend Heritage auctioned off the Archie 3 and 4 that were in rough shape ( Fair to good ), went for 776.00 each, which is 5-6 times the Overstreet guide.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7009&Lot_No=91016

ok, guess I really don't need a catalog, not a lot that appeals to me in this auction (shrug)

Don't you need to catch a plane to SD? Sorry I mean the Milpitas Show?

BUNKY

no, no plane...we are jogging there... in OK as I type this...making about 13 miles an hour, so should be there by Wed (thumbs u

Archie #1 is already going for $5600.00 with BP... where , oh where, will it land? Last weekend Heritage auctioned off the Archie 3 and 4 that were in rough shape ( Fair to good ), went for 776.00 each, which is 5-6 times the Overstreet guide.

It will be interesting to see where it finishes... Based on lower grade book sales, I would guess $20K or so, but could be more.

I thought the price for the Archie 3 was aggressive. The price for the Archie 4 was :screwy:

Sorry, I thought I had entered the link. My jaw dropping must have gotten in the way.It is now @ $ 6500.00 and with BP $7700.00.
with most "experts" predicting the book should end in the 20K range, I find it hard to believe 7700 would make your jaw drop (shrug)

from the sales of the Archie 3&4 is why my jaw was dropping and the fact that the Auction started a full 4 days ahead of what they told me . I was not prepared for that. I pray that the Archie goes for at least 30K. It deserves to be honored, considering it was one of my favorite comics I owned.

from the sales of the Archie 3&4 is why my jaw was dropping and the fact that the Auction started a full 4 days ahead of what they told me . I was not prepared for that. I pray that the Archie goes for at least 30K. It deserves to be honored, considering it was one of my favorite comics I owned.
good luck...I am not an archie fan, but I know there are plenty of them out there, so hopefully they will push the books to new highs!

I'd guess just north of 25k given that it is the highest graded copy. Granted it could pretty easily be trumped as HGC but so far not yet. Even as second highest it'd get 20k on a decent day.

Here's my cover only... :sorry:

scan.jpg

ok, guess I really don't need a catalog, not a lot that appeals to me in this auction (shrug)

Except for three books, the Timely selection is downright pitiful :sorry:

Jim

I actually like this auction. Despite the smaller amount of items up for auction, there are a lot of new additions, and not the same ol' same ol'.

Except for three books, the Timely selection is downright pitiful :sorry:

Jim

I actually like this auction. Despite the smaller amount of items up for auction, there are a lot of new additions, and not the same ol' same ol'.

very true and nice observation...