• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week's Halloween Postcard Painting - Oil!

17 posts in this topic

The surface was gessoed first so that the painting will remain permanent on the paper.
???

If you just paint oil on paper, eventually the oil will eat through the paper & it will fall apart. A layer of gesso acts as a barrier so that it becomes permanent.

NICE ~ great colors on that one, Matt! :golfclap:

I'm alergic to cats, so I hope the Veggieman has his way w/ him... :devil:

:insane:

Thanks Neal! It was fun working with different colors. Yes, the cat is toast... Maybe this is what happens to him... :)

3734875823_f18826c982_o.jpg

Thanks Neal! It was fun working with different colors. Yes, the cat is toast... Maybe this is what happens to him... :)

:o

At least he's wearing protection :whistle:

At least he's wearing protection :whistle:

:sick:

loldoh!

As soon as I finished that one, my girlfriend pointed out the "unfortunate placement" of the cat & bag, which I had not noticed. Oh well, sometimes things come out a bit risque... :)

When's that one for sale? :blush:

loldoh!

As soon as I finished that one, my girlfriend pointed out the "unfortunate placement" of the cat & bag, which I had not noticed. Oh well, sometimes things come out a bit risque... :)

Eh, don't mind the comments from those pervs... I'm sure it was more of a subconsious, Freudian-thing. :baiting:

:devil:

loldoh!

Eh, don't mind the comments from those pervs... I'm sure it was more of a subconsious, Freudian-thing. :baiting:

:devil:

lol As Often as I unintentionally do it, I am sure that is the case. :cool: