• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future Forecast for Mods-What will be Hot?

6 posts in this topic

Let's take a run that has ebbed and flowed already......The Luna Brothers-Girls.

Now this was some what hot if it was all the 1st printings, it has creasted and cooled somewhat, but I'd say this run in the 1st prints may again gain some steam, as the 1st printing of the Sword seems to be warming.

Two titles that I have been snatching up at this time is "The Wizard of OZ" I have the current 1-7 1st prints and the #1 variant 1st print, plus the sketch book from FCD.

Also, with the zombie craze I have been snatching up the "Dead Irons" run, I tend not to get caught up in the flip hype and like to forecast future interest and popularity for possible future re-sale.

I missed the Fables boat completely, as a current 1st print run does nicely on the Bay.

Thoughts on the future for other Mods??

Personally, Girls wasn't nearly as well written as Sword. Sword is "warming up" because it's a better series. I felt the Luna Brothers went a little too T&A with the series. if anything, the later issues of the series might do better because it seemed less people were buying it then.

The Sword should be a super hot book right now. Fantastic read, history, artwork, and a low print run on early books. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have caught on with the general population. I don't see either series being long term investments.

Though I think Wizard of Oz had fun & new art, I don't see it lasting in interest for very long. It all depends on what the artist does next. It could fade to nothingness or boom. My guess is fade.

To me, the zombie craze is really fueled by Walking Dead. 95% of any zombie stuff is garbage (comics, movies, etc). I haven't read Dead Irons. I'm curious to know if it's a good book.

Fables is in the same realm as Sword. One of the best runs in comics. It should garner more respect. For this book, I think the print run is a bit high. But, if it keeps up the quality, it may be a good long term investment (maybe #1 thru 3 & 6 RRP). As you mentioned, a lot of people didn't get on the Fables boat for quite some time. It might drive others to find the books down the road.

Pat

Let's take a run that has ebbed and flowed already......The Luna Brothers-Girls.

Now this was some what hot if it was all the 1st printings, it has creasted and cooled somewhat, but I'd say this run in the 1st prints may again gain some steam, as the 1st printing of the Sword seems to be warming.

Two titles that I have been snatching up at this time is "The Wizard of OZ" I have the current 1-7 1st prints and the #1 variant 1st print, plus the sketch book from FCD.

Also, with the zombie craze I have been snatching up the "Dead Irons" run, I tend not to get caught up in the flip hype and like to forecast future interest and popularity for possible future re-sale.

I missed the Fables boat completely, as a current 1st print run does nicely on the Bay.

I see the Wizard of Oz as a great long term investment. good pick there

I see the Wizard of Oz as a great long term investment. good pick there

Agreed, there is already a 2nd series planned.

You do realize there are two variants for #1, don't you? There's a cover by J. Scott Campbell, and there's another one by Eric Shanower.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6110.J~dot~_Scott_Campbell_Covers_Wonderful_Wizard_of_Oz

You do realize there are two variants for #1, don't you? There's a cover by J. Scott Campbell, and there's another one by Eric Shanower.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6110.J~dot~_Scott_Campbell_Covers_Wonderful_Wizard_of_Oz

Yes, the one you listed is the one I have, I've got the other coming as well, so I'll have both the Variants-Peace CC.