• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice on San Diego and Comic Con

15 posts in this topic

I know its a bit early but my wife and I have decided San Diego during Comic Con 2010 is the place to go. So I get to plan a full week in San Diego and I have some questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. How early should I book rooms and such?

2. I will probably only be able to attend Comic-con one day. What day is the best day to attend?

3. The wife and kid (2 yr old) probably wont go to the Con with me. Aside from the Zoo and SeaWorld...what kind of fun things can be recommended.

Hi shooty to answere your questions

1. reserve your hotel around august to October of this year for next years Con.This way you are assured to get one.

2. Saturday is probably the best day,although I have heard there are great deals to be had on Sundays.

3.there is the meritime museum right next to the convention center,I'm sure your wife likes to shop Old Town has lots of shops,also the Wailey House(a haunted house)sightseeing tours and ghost sightseeing tours.There's a great mexican restuarant across the street from the Wailey House that makes their own tortias,and the margaritas are top notch.Of course there's the beach,BOOYA!

You can't leave southern California without going to the beach.

Dude I just planned your whole week for ya ,ROCK ON! :headbang:

1. Prepay for your downtown SDCC hotel by Monday July 27/09 else reserve closer to their Aquarium which is north of convention center. :blahblah:

3. Since your 3 year old will only have a 20 min. concentration span, s/he may enjoy the visuals at the Space and Aviation museum. There is also a colorful ceramics type of museum all in the Balboa Park area that may be more geared towards children.

1. Prepay for your downtown SDCC hotel by Monday July 27/09 else reserve closer to their Aquarium which is north of convention center. :blahblah:

3. Since your 3 year old will only have a 20 min. concentration span, s/he may enjoy the visuals at the Space and Aviation museum. There is also a colorful ceramics type of museum all in the Balbao Park area that may be more geared towards children.

Is it really necessary to get a downtown hotel and to book it this early? We are considering many options, including disney. We will likely have a rental car during the stay...is parking obscene?

Hi shooty to answere your questions

1. reserve your hotel around august to October of this year for next years Con.This way you are assured to get one.

2. Saturday is probably the best day,although I have heard there are great deals to be had on Sundays.

3.there is the meritime museum right next to the convention center,I'm sure your wife likes to shop Old Town has lots of shops,also the Wailey House(a haunted house)sightseeing tours and ghost sightseeing tours.There's a great mexican restuarant across the street from the Wailey House that makes their own tortias,and the margaritas are top notch.Of course there's the beach,BOOYA!

You can't leave southern California without going to the beach.

Dude I just planned your whole week for ya ,ROCK ON! :headbang:

Cafe Coyote and Old Town Mexican Cafe across from the Whaley House both make there own tortillas and are two of the best places to eat in old town San Diego! Rockin Baja Lobster is also an Amazing place to eat a couple blocks West! We eat there every few weeks without fail!!

Love Balboa Park and The Zoo!

Mission Beach with the Boardwalk and Wooden roller Coaster is tons of fun!!

When in Mission Beach eat on the Patio Roof at CANES! Top notch!!!

Also Anthonys by the Cruise Terminal Downtown has the Best Seafood in SD!

Then head a mile to the south to Seaport Village for shopping and more food!!! Yeah!!!

Finally Gas lamp district in Downtown SD is great for the night life!!

I could go on and on!! Have fun!!!!

1.) ASAP!!!!!

2.) Saturday

3.) Legoland (15 miles away) and Disneyland (50 miles away)

(thumbs u

Disneyland is actually about 115 miles north, still its not too far a drive, about 1 hr 45 minutes if the traffic is light!

Not sure about what there is to do/see in San Diego, but I always recommend using these two services to get a place to stay:

VRBO

and

Air B n' B

I have scored many good deals with VRBO including a huge, two-story house on the coast for $40/night. I found a place to stay for SDCC at $55/night just over a mile from the convention center.

I think the wife is keen on a beachfront stay so Ill be looking for some good deals. it doesnt have to be superclose to the convention. So far it looks like, aside from the beach...

San Diego Zoo

Legoland

Seaworld

and Comic-con for me

Lots of stuff in Balboa Park as well (where the zoo is.) Rueben H. Fleet, lots of museums, etc. The Fleet center has a "science hall" or whatever they call it that is great for kids. You can also catch IMAX films there and maybe a laser show (do they still have those?) If you're adventurous you can hit up Tijuana for some shopping one day.

Balboa Park currently also has the BodyWorlds exhibit if you are into this sort of thing.

My Son who has Plans to go to Med School Dragged me there.

Its not for everyone, trust me!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=bodyworlds&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=MTxmSs7CHJHuMZiV7KIB&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4