• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOW TO PACK SINGLE COMIC TO SHIP?

32 posts in this topic

1 comic or 5, I do what most of these guys say with the taping of the comic to one piece of cardboard, sandwich that with the other piece of cardboard, then bubble-wrap it. I try to use double-thick cardboard when I can get it, but that's not often. I see no problem with taping two pieces of standard cardboard together and using that as a single sheet of "double-thick" for one book.

One thing I will note, is that from the corner of the bag&board to the corner of the cardboard sandwich-piece, I try to get 1 inch of "clearance" between, so even if the cardboard gets pretty badly bashed on the corners, the comic is still a good distance away. Sometimes it's not possible (like with a FR Envelope) but if it's going in a box, there's no problem.

-slym

I put the book in a cardboard sandwich, secure with tape and then wrap the book with a piece of "plus" shaped cardboard that wraps around the sandwich into a tight box. I've never had a problem using this method. You essentially have a 5 layers of corrugated cardboard to keep the book from bending. I always use corrugated cardboard.

One day I'll get around to documenting it with pics.

doh!

Ha....too late :acclaim:

(worship)

Did you eat any Grits on your trip? :popcorn:

:sorry: Watson let me down.

Heh - if you've eaten polenta, you've eaten "fancy" grits.

:thumbs u

-slym

I did get a package a few months back from a board member

(sorry, can't remember who it was :cry:), who used two pieces of masonite to protect the comics.

That sucker wasn't going to bend! (thumbs u

I did get a package a few months back from a board member

(sorry, can't remember who it was :cry:), who used two pieces of masonite to protect the comics.

That sucker wasn't going to bend! (thumbs u

That's how the person who runs http://www.theartofcomics.com/ packages his Original Art. (thumbs u

Here's a tip that can help protect comics AND help possibly improve the looks around where you live - is anyone else sick and tired of companies that use the light-posts and power-poles to nail up their adverts for "Make $1000+ a week!" or "Avoid home foreclosure" or even advertising their tree-cutting services with those corrugated plastic signs? I rip them down and can usually get a comic-sized piece whole and unbent out of them.

I hate the things, they are almost always yellow and ugly. I also use a crowbar to get them down - not that I need it for that, but if anyone ever thinks to stop and ask me what I am doing, they will think twice about yelling at someone holding three feet of hooked steel.

:angel:

-slym

I would like to know any suggestions to pack single comic?

These are non-cgc, I usually ship comic lots, these would each be shipped separately.

Do I double board the book then put cardboard over and under it?

thanks in advance.

Make an over-sized cardboard sandwich, tape the comic (bagged/boarded) to one of the sides so it can't shift, close the sandwich, tape it shut and wrap bubble wrap around it so it fits snugly into a box.

Like he says

Board it, bag it, bubble wrap it, tape inside two pieces of cardboard taped shut so it wont out and get corner dinged. Then box it or if a couple put in a bubble mailer with a few more sheets of cardboard.

The trick with a box is to make the books its in the middle and is surrounded by packing so it wont move up, down, or side to side. All types of packing will work, but the most popular I get and send are plastic grocery bags, air pillows, foam cushioning and shredded paper, I once got a box full of discarded comic sleeves all yellowish, but it did the job.

1) Sandwich between corrugated cardboard as foundation. Secure book with tape.

2) Wrap with bubble wrap.

3) Put in BOX (not envelope style) with styrefoam peanuts.

The more cardboard, bubble wrap, or peanuts you use, the more safe it will be. I believe that's the best reasonable packaging you can get.