• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze comics rule!

19 posts in this topic

Sorry - this thread has just been a bit dead lately.

I'm in the process of completing most of the Marvel titles w/ 'Still Only 35 cents!' and 40 cent cover prices in 9.0 and up condition. After that, on to the 35 cent covers!

Anyone else have any Bronze-related 'projects' going on?

Yeah, I want to finish my Marvel bronze-age comics non-reprint continuity titles. I think I am only missing some Werewolf by Night, Amazing Adventures, Hulks and a few more. I am looking for reading copies though as I actually read these.

Hopefully, Darth will hook me up with some of these on the cheap. grin.gif

Hopefully, Darth will hook me up with some of these on the cheap. grin.gif

Dude I'm such a slacker -I'm currently letting you, Terry1 and currincomics down sorry.gif

Glad to see you acknowledge you're a slacker!!! 893frustrated.gif

Just kidding, man. I know you have a full plate betwwen your job, your baby, and your fleecing of the newbie speculators on ebay! thumbsup2.gif

Gotta love those Adams covers. In fact other than Avengers #93, I thought he did his best Marvel work in these issues....

Jim

Really? I'd put all the Adams Kree/Skrull war issues ("Andromeda Swarm" is a particular favorite) and his X-Men ahead of the Inhumans strip in Amazing Adventures. I thought inker John Verpoorten managed the difficult task of making Adams look bad!

(But I'd agree the covers are sweet! Too bad Adams didn't draw Black Widow more often!)

As long as you let me down easy, are they calling for snow in Va, forecast is for dusting to 1". Great pics of the little one, I'll try to put my gals 2 3/4 and 4months on my sig line. Do you ever make it down to the Charlotte Con(I think it's called Hero's and Legends Con?). Stay well, it's kicking my A right now, I had know idea the human body could produce so much snot! insane.gif

Don't worry Darth whenever you're ready let me know.... I am a fairly patient guy especially for cheap bronze Marvels. If nothing else I now know that I can send my want list to Rshale, Terry and FD once I get some off of you. grin.gif

Gotta love those Adams covers. In fact other than Avengers #93, I thought he did his best Marvel work in these issues....

Jim

Really? I'd put all the Adams Kree/Skrull war issues ("Andromeda Swarm" is a particular favorite) and his X-Men ahead of the Inhumans strip in Amazing Adventures. I thought inker John Verpoorten managed the difficult task of making Adams look bad!

(But I'd agree the covers are sweet! Too bad Adams didn't draw Black Widow more often!)

Oh no....I love his art in these books. The only one that topped them was Avengers #93 and that's primarily due to the Ant-Man/Vision encounter. After reading some of his Avengers later, it seems he was rushing his work a bit in these issues......

But again, it's my opinion and maybe a little bias involved. After the FF, the Inhumans were my favorite comic characters. I still love his Avengers work as well. Hell, I love any Adams work pre-1978 or so.

His 90s work is hard to get through.....

Jim

I don't want to hear about other collectors going after Bronze age books as I am working on1st issues and keys of all Bronze Marvels 893applaud-thumb.gif

I narrowed down my want list for 2004 to Bronze Age and Amazing Spider-man's for my registry set.

Astonishing.jpg