• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

623 posts in this topic

...maybe we can set an exact time that you guys in Chicago toast him?

Then... everyone... anywhere... can lift a toast too at that moment. That would be one hell of a special moment.

I'm in. (thumbs u

+2

I didn't know Nik but after reading all the heartfelt comments, I wish I had. My heart goes out to his family and all of you who have lost a dear friend.

To say Nik was special is an understatement. His impact on this community of hobbyists is profound and lasting. His ability to turn the tables on a hobby overcrowded by gimmies and not nearly enough gives equips us all with tremendous purpose and an all-important responsibility of carrying forward his legacy of love, care and share.

God Bless Nik, his Wife, Children and entire Family of Friends and Loved Ones.

Then... everyone... anywhere... can lift a toast too at that moment. That would be one hell of a special moment.

Very good idea. (thumbs u

Andy

Very good idea. (thumbs u

Andy

count me in

WEBHEAD

His love for his family, friends, and his favorite hobby was something that I could look up to and emulate.

(thumbs u The biggest memorial we can offer is to take lessons from Nik's life--especially from his generosity and integrity--and apply them to our own lives.

Thanks... I'll try and coordinate a "Woldwide Nik Toast" for those that would like to participate when we get closer to that date.

You might want to take European board members in mind when setting a time for this toast. They are 6 to 8 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. Most of the major European countries (UK, France, Germany) are 6 hours ahead (I think.... but if I am wrong perhaps Boozad can correct me)

Thanks... I planned to. I just need to talk to the Chicago convention goers and see if a 4pm toast is possible.

There will no doubt be countless different toasts made in Niks honor,some public, some private. So how about an international moment of silence instead of a toast?

Might be easier for everyone to pull off, especially those at work. And it might do us all good to stop and think inwardly for a minute about Nik, and what he meant to us.

Just an thought

I asked the Mods to see if the CGC boards could be turned off for one full hour this week some time for a true moment of silence. Perhaps others could ask the same. This Tues about an hour or so the Auctions start would be appropriate.