• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad News about Nik

12 posts in this topic

Nik used to refer to GA as "poopy art" books :)

I remember when I told Nik I was going to sell my White Mountains and turn the proceeds into Timelys...I don't think he stopped laughing for a week.

I miss you buddy

Jim

Just a head's up

Some very nice people have been offering comic book donations for Nik and his family.

I am asking for scans (both sides if possible) a description, and a starting price if you have a minimum. Shipping must be included in your donation.

I'm going to set up an auction, to run on the BOARDS, starting Tuesday night. I'll do the background set up and help, but I have asked Andrew (GaCollectibles) to run the thread, he and Nik were good friends.

Andrew and many others are in San Diego right now and won't be back till Monday, hence the Tuesday start date.

If you have anything to donate (anything comic related, art, statues, whatever you wish), please PM me by Sunday night, so I can get everything together. If you are not donating then please mark your calendars so you can support the auction.

IF any of the items do have a high start price and the starting bid is not met, I'll work something out, where I will list the item on Ebay under my id and I'll cover the fees. I don't expect that will be necessary, but I did want to cover that in case, since there were a few questions about where the auctions will take place. I cannot set up charity auctions for him on Ebay, it has to be a registered charity and I think here is the best place to start in any case.

Feel free to post this in other threads...I don't want to "spam" but I do want people to know what's going on.

Thank you

I'm sure some of you do not visit Comics General, so just to update you, sadly, Nik passed away last night.

Here's a link for the test thread for the auctions, the actual auctions will start Tuesday night in the VCC forum. If anyone else has donations, please PM me asap.

I'm not finished there is more and I want to try to keep it somewhat organized.

We really could use a few more GA books....and bidders, lots of bidders.

Thank you

Thank you!

Test thread for the Auctions for Nik

OK, all the books are up in the test thread. I will be editing the posts and we will upload the auctions starting with 50 tomorrow night.

I had planned to donate a few myself, but we are at over 100 now (worship) so I plan to bid, instead...

We will need LOTS of bidders, thank you all so much!

test thread showing all the fantastic donations for Nik